CPU Heat

BlueScorpion08

Translator
Hi everyone,

I noticed that my phone and tablet CPU are getting hot after a bit playing, better said, after about 15 minutes of gameplay, is that normal? Or does the CPU game usage too high? Im asking cause I don't really know if thats normal or my devices are just "low", I mean, I don't wanna destroy my CPU's, in that case, is there a way to reduce the CPU usage (or lower the overheat)?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
BlueScorpion08":gd2l6da5 said:
Hi everyone,

I noticed that my phone and tablet CPU are getting hot after a bit playing, better said, after about 15 minutes of gameplay, is that normal? Or does the CPU game usage too high? Im asking cause I don't really know if thats normal or my devices are just "low", I mean, I don't wanna destroy my CPU's, in that case, is there a way to reduce the CPU usage (or lower the overheat)?

Any complex game you play for long periods of time will do that. I'd say EK is less of a device-heater than other RPGs out there.

BlueScorpion08

Translator
Ok, so its pretty normal that my CPU is about 50°C hot? I was just worried that its more than it should be, but ok if you say thats pretty normal im fine with that, I was just worried that it's just getting "too" hot.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, all CPUs have heat protection inbuilt, so when they really became too hot they start to throttle down speed.

Of course, there's no assurance that some time in future your device won't reach end of life, but by design they know how to protect themselves.

Each device is hotter of cooler, it depends on many things, so if you have device that runs hotter, that is just the way it is. And depending on software, it also varies. For example, my tablet gets much hotter when I play Heroes of Loot 2 then Heroes of Loot 1.

All in all, don't worry too much. And before buying new device you can always check reviews for your device, they almost always mention temperature of device when it is used extensively like in games.

Xen

Loreseeker
Lift your device when playing, don't play while it is on a flat surface like bed, table or floor. ;)

VDX_360

Staff member
Your device (tablet, phone, computer etc) will have trouble shooting instructions for overheating that are specific to that device. Same with tips to reduce battery life, heating. A simple Google search will locate any number of online advice sections on what to check.

BlueScorpion08

Translator
Just checked the troubleshoot and manual, nothing specific about the heat expect that it may get hot, so no worries, also the online troubleshoot no one complained about "too hot tablet" so basically everything is fine ;)