Rumor Boss frequency

p4ran0id

Staff member
I started once again after a long break with a Mage (Thx a lot Btw, love it!) and now I kind of stuck with the shards of fate. I already finished this quest twice before, but now I'm not sure if something changed with the rumor Boss frequency.

I have 41%, but still after spending over 2 months (ingame time), I only got 2 rumors. I tried over 20 times in New Grand (both 'restrooms') with drinking and sleeping without even one rumor before I get the first one. Is it normal?

Edit: I wanted to post it in support, maybe someone could move it there

Rylocke

I think I read that certain game functions increase the chances of rumor bosses (i.e. playing "normally" between going to town and the tavern) as opposed to trying to force it. Although, I don't know if there's any truth to that. However, my experience would say that there is.

Personally, I'm getting rumor bosses well over 50% of the time I visit taverns on my mage, and many of those times I get two at a time (my issue is the loot tables *cough*), yet I only have 25% or 30% gossip depending on whether or not I remember my PER buff gear. Instead of trying to wait longer amounts of time, I simply grab some TH quests since I'm farming New Garand rep for a quest. I always run 1 or 2 TH quests and 1 or 2 rumor bosses. If I don't get the latter, I simply finish the quests and return to get the bosses which are almost always there after not being the first time.