Request: Add iPhone X Screen Support

jeratain2

Are there any plans to update the iOS version to support the iPhone X screen size? I've spent many hours playing on my iPhone 6 and have since upgraded, but it's not quite the same with the letterboxing. Thanks for your consideration!

jeratain2

Here you are: http://imgur.com/p1P5pMM

As you can see the left and right sides are black because the game does not scale to use the full screen width. It also is not losing a few pixels on the lower part of the screen because of the home bar.

VDX_360

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, how does the iPhone X feel as a hand-held device? Side-stepping the current awkward scale issue.

With so many different device shapes and sizes, it's pretty tricky to make games scale with them correctly. Diverse technology, diverse problems.

jeratain2

As a stand-alone device it feels great in the hand. The build quality is phenomenal; it’s got a weight that feels right without being burdensome; and the screen quality is crisp and has (IMHO) accurate color calibration. The notch is barely noticeable after a few minutes of using it, so that’s never really been an issue for me. The software is smooth and zippy regardless of the app I throw at it. The only thing that’s difficult is trying to use the device with one hand, which is an issue with most larger screen sizes. Most of the apps I use regularly already support the screen, while a handful don’t.

As for it being difficult to scale the app to the multiple screen sizes- I completely understand the complexity. I was hoping that it wouldn’t be too difficult if it’s already been solved for Android, given the variety of screen sizes needed to be supported there. Regardless, I appreciate the team’s consideration of this request and hope to enjoy the game on 100% of the screen.