Dungeon instance is being reset

Kuratha

Staff member
I've recently noticed some changes to reloading a save file.

My usual process to clear a dungeon:

Rest in town -> reach and save in front of dungeon entrance -> survive the gauntlet -> enjoy sweet rewards

Sometimes I clear half of a dungeon, exit a dungeon to save, then re-enter and finish the dungeon.

If I don't have time to finish a dungeon, I'd relied on loading my save to finish the other half of the dungeon when I had the time. Now when I load this save or if I die and try to reload my save, the dungeon instance is reset and all my progress is reset.

This is annoying because I've used pots, items, and rests in order to progress through this dungeon and I've lost them all because the dungeon needs to be cleared from the start. Me having saved over my main save file after clearing half the dungeon means I cannot recover any items I've used.

I like not being able to save within the dungeons as the difficulty is increased. Having my progress reset as I die or close the app yet still losing all my items is something that could be fixed.

JarrenDrahn

This is intentional to prevent exactly what you're describing. I.e. leaving a dungeon part way through to save, then heading back in with no fear of dying.

Kuratha

Staff member
Ok, guess I'll have to do a thorough clear now. Thanks for the quick reply.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
There is a difference between continuing a game or loading a quicksave. When you hit Exit & Save inside the dungeon or after you exit it, and then use Continue Game, the dungeon will NOT be reset. So if you run out if time, just exit the game and you can continue there later.

However, if you load a quicksave or some other save slot (which is your only option after dying), all areas (except the one you are in) will be reset.