Variability to gear & other incentives to grinding

kynamd

Hello, I thought perhaps it would make grinding more interesting by adding some more variability to the gear +/- 15% in terms of damage, elemental damage, armor, elemental resist and some random names for gear. I know this would take this game down the same road as some other games, but at this point i'm near 6,000 kills on my main and it's just all the same grinding.

Or perhaps very small chance of dropping hp/mana permanent increase potions of just +1. Say half a percent chance for hp and 1/5th % chance for mana. So you grind through 1,000 kills and get around +5 hp or +2 mana.

Just my 2 cents

Board Troll

I feel your pain but it would imbalance the game, the end game would just be really hard for those who don't grind of he compensated for added bonuses.

Attachments

• IMG_20160616_072747.jpg
    IMG_20160616_072747.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,171

kynamd

Board Troll":3s0jcqa9 said:
I feel your pain but it would imbalance the game, the end game would just be really hard for those who don't grind of he compensated for added bonuses.

Hot dang! You must be level 18 or so.

Well, was just a thought along the lines of increased incentives to grind. I'm still thinking some type of variability in gear tends to add some good goal to grinding.

feldon

Loreseeker
It is my understanding from the developer that he would like to minimize the amount of 'grinding' needed to finish 1.0 version. Since we are playing the beta, we are grinding due to lack of content or the gap in difficulty from lvl10-12.

Give different classes/difficulties to keep the boredom from creeping in. Or try a Hard play where you don't ever use potions.

I would not expect any consideration for grinding to be made.

Martinbelfast

kynamd":3jdjyi5t said:
Hello, I thought perhaps it would make grinding more interesting by adding some more variability to the gear +/- 15% in terms of damage, elemental damage, armor, elemental resist and some random names for gear. I know this would take this game down the same road as some other games, but at this point i'm near 6,000 kills on my main and it's just all the same grinding.

Or perhaps very small chance of dropping hp/mana permanent increase potions of just +1. Say half a percent chance for hp and 1/5th % chance for mana. So you grind through 1,000 kills and get around +5 hp or +2 mana.

Just my 2 cents
25017 that's grinding lol

Martinbelfast

I played before all the updates. And since the updates the games old gear is mostly a waste of time.
I started a new warrior am now 11 I have the best armour plating you can buy .And apart from a few weapons I have the best you can get. Without killing dragons etc.
Before I got to lvl 5 I brought a flame sword got a flame two hand hammer and by lvl 8 had everything else .I had the house by lvl 9. Apples by lvl 7 just by running fast to chest and running to town back again over and over till I got them.
Sorry just bored with every update set at such a low lvl everyone who been playing for a while has the best gear. And I have 6 games on the go every one over 11. Give up on my 21 and 18 as they have to much money gear that I don't even pick up 90% of drops . Can't believe when it comes out that being able to make gear is going to be hard since I have everything . I mean buying a house only 25.000 when you have over 575.000 gold .

Azog

I played before all the updates. And since the updates the games old gear is mostly a waste of time.
I started a new warrior am now 11 I have the best armour plating you can buy .And apart from a few weapons I have the best you can get. Without killing dragons etc.
Before I got to lvl 5 I brought a flame sword got a flame two hand hammer and by lvl 8 had everything else .I had the house by lvl 9. Apples by lvl 7 just by running fast to chest and running to town back again over and over till I got them.
Sorry just bored with every update set at such a low lvl everyone who been playing for a while has the best gear. And I have 6 games on the go every one over 11. Give up on my 21 and 18 as they have to much money gear that I don't even pick up 90% of drops . Can't believe when it comes out that being able to make gear is going to be hard since I have everything . I mean buying a house only 25.000 when you have over 575.000 gold .
You shouldnt forget that you already played the game endlessly. :p You already know the core, all tricks, how to do and where to get what you need. All updates so far were rather small ones wich came in pieces. Lets just wait for the last big 1.0 update, wich surely will bring an updated balancing, many new stuff and hopefully the mage.. ;)