Cleric Armor Build

Grim Rapper

(Most of this ramble are based of my opinion and my opinion only)

I've noticed that for both Warrior and Rogue has a very steady armor progression towards their specialize armor (Legion/Myrosian set for Warrior, and Assassin set for Rogue) which is representing the character each class (High Armor with HP Bonus for Warrior and Poison Speciality for Rogue).

However the Cleric Armor Bulid also lead to confusion about the "armor progression", due to the Cleric specialize armor (Blessed Plate Armor set) is relatively same as Tolassian Chain Armor set, which is really making Cleric Equipment Pool become really around the bonus trait rather than Armor point progression, which is not as same as the other two class

(By Cleric Armor, it's not as same as a Hero's Armor Progression that can be obtained once, which is can be equipped by everyone [minus the Mage class] and gives random bonuses [like Undermother's hide, Ironfoot Boots, Lionskin Curaiss, etc.)

Which is why I ask (humbly) to make more progressive equipment standard set for the Cleric class after Tolassian Chain Armor set (which is meant to the Cleric imo)

Several suggestion:
1. Make the Blessed Platemail Armor set give better Armor point than the Tolassian Armor (since there's no way Platemail and Chain Armor gives same protection logically)

2. Making some of the Warrior's set also available to equip for Cleric, presumeably the Legion set (so Warrior Class can be rebalanced without tinkering the Warrior's mechanic)

3. Make an entire Grand Quest for Cleric's Equipment set Progression (like the Saint Admus'es Quest for Cleric offensive boost)

Sincerely, a nerd

SirDonkalot

I think the blessed Set is in the right place, and -would- be a solid choice for mixing in some pieces in your equipment...

The recent new Cleric pieces has some really nice Mana values where you can feel the boost, like the belt and the ring , but the Blessed Set in general ( which could be the following set after tollassian i guess)...barely provides any Mana to notice a different given the alternatives..

It starts with the blessed Chainmail boots, which provide 1 Mana...but its not like the gauntlets oder platemail boots are better, i think they have like 3 Mana each making them somehwat irrelevant aswell. (The essence gauntlets are already easier to get and way better)
The Plate and Bottom have like 5-8 ? Which is somewhat ok but still pretty meh. Not really an upgrade given you have the lionskin curass or Tolassian Chain early.

Adding a bit more Mana or providing any other stats like spirit resistance or something, and you have a difficult decission combine stuff together

Grim Rapper

SirDonkalot":3ntkf8qc said:
I think the blessed Set is in the right place, and -would- be a solid choice for mixing in some pieces in your equipment...

The recent new Cleric pieces has some really nice Mana values where you can feel the boost, like the belt and the ring , but the Blessed Set in general ( which could be the following set after tollassian i guess)...barely provides any Mana to notice a different given the alternatives..

It starts with the blessed Chainmail boots, which provide 1 Mana...but its not like the gauntlets oder platemail boots are better, i think they have like 3 Mana each making them somehwat irrelevant aswell. (The essence gauntlets are already easier to get and way better)
The Plate and Bottom have like 5-8 ? Which is somewhat ok but still pretty meh. Not really an upgrade given you have the lionskin curass or Tolassian Chain early.

Adding a bit more Mana or providing any other stats like spirit resistance or something, and you have a difficult decission combine stuff together

I don't really think that Cleric's characteristic is mana boosting, since there's Mage class that'll be available soon should be suitable for the said characteristic.

That being said, the word "blessed" isn't really blessed with the power of the Three, but instead it was imbued with magic (probably from Thuramian Archmage) so it could give you more mana rather than the blessing of the Three (which from the effect of the Cleric's own skill [referrencing the Nivaria's Barrier skill], protect yourself from harm, especially form the Undead attack)

But it's just my opinion, maybe David have different opinion about Cleric's armor build

Xen

Loreseeker
My suggestion would be add other pieces of Holy items like the new item Holy Helm then for some pieces increase the defense to be a better version of Blessed armor parts. My other proposal is to add other pieces of the Heroic items, it has a good armor better than Legion parts but less than Myrosian parts.