Testers Feedback -Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please report in this thread any issues you detect with translation in the test update. For general issues with the test update, report in this thread.

Only testers can get the update with the new languages added (Click here to become a tester); translations are very incomplete still and I won't add it in public releases until there's more of it.

Please no off-topic posts, let's keep it clean. A short post specifying the dialogue/window and the language specific problem is what helps the most. Also:

-For now I've included the localized files for russian, german, polish, portuguese and czech. Others are being completed and will be added later.
-Most of the game is still not translated. Only the UI, character names, items, and the dialogues around Lannegar are included, so please don't report "X is displayed in english". Much more is ready and will be added soon, this is kind of a pilot build to see how it goes.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
Conversation with Constanze in Czech version works fine. Translation of skills works perfect ;-)

During the end of this day I'll try to check applied conversation03.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":2i6z1hs5 said:
Can you get rid of this extra whitespace at the end of highlighted (blue) text? It makes the whole text look a bit messy, especially when followed by a comma, period or colon. Can't remember that it looked that way before the last major update.

The whitespace... sigh. Yeah, it started at last update, and is caused by the new rendered fonts, made compatible with all the new alphabets and stuff. There is an issue with spacing that I know how to solve, but will require me to render again all the game fonts, and also code for them appropiately. For reasons too long to explain, related to some outdated tools I'm using, this in turn involves other refactoring.

TL;DR: can't fix now but will.

MikeB":2i6z1hs5 said:
Just in case you wonder: I'm sick at home this week, so I have plenty of time to bother you with all these details... :D

I hope you get well soon, but looking at the bright side now I have a dedicated tester for a few days :D

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
In czech version quest log shows the quest: Outstanding apprentice in english, czech and spain together.

Armorer Dough in Kingsbridge has a bad translation of the name, I already corrected it in file Names.

Some adventurers hasve messed dialogues, looks to ne as part of dialogues with sergeant Dumek before attacking the fort. After choosing the first option I lost the gold and adventurer joined me.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Some remarks on the New Garand region: In general most things work fine in the German translation. Only the dialogue of Caption Wright is not translated, although the corresponding file (NG_captain) is available. Maybe it has just been forgotten?

Also, there are some NPCs who's name is not translated, mostly because they simply don't appear in the Names file. Examples: the NG Castle Guard, Warriors in the Warriors Guild, Varsilian Knights outside NG (inside NG they are translated for some reason). The list is probably much longer, but those are the once I can remember right now.

On a similar note: We never translated any rumors or town hall quests, right? So those will remain in English, while the inserted location hints are translated. Not a big deal, but that should probably be one of our next goals...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Checking those errors.

And yeah there will be a names2 file, which I haven't finished preparing yet, and TH quests (and a small number of other things) still need to be refactored in the game code and their data files changed. But I'm very satisfied at how it's looking currently, and to some extent I want people to notice the game isn't entirely translated, right from the first town.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Feedback on 995: Most things seem to work fine now. Class description doesn't go black anymore, quotations seem to be consistent. Only the dialogue of Captain Wright is still in English, but I'm not sure whether this is intended or not.

All in all, I have a good feeling about this version going live. Although, of course, I can only judge the German translation. Will be interesting to see how people react on the partial translation feature. I guess it will be 49/49 between "better than nothing" and "waiting for a complete translation" (the other 2% being the usual bashing).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I see polish translators have added lots of line feeds to text... I'll make the game clean them. I hope it doesn't cause other trouble, otherwise I'll have to clean the source files themselves.

NG Sea captain... my bad. The dialogue was updated long ago and the one shared in conv03 folder is the old one. Sorry. Will be added on future folders.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
In 995 czech version in loreseekers library do not open grates so there is no ability to reach Gebadi and Tangir.

Translation in file: adaon_tutorial_camp.xls still not implemented in game.

Better translation of classes still not implemented - warrior = Válečník, cleric = Klerik, rogue = Darebák.

Status
Not open for further replies.