Testers Feedback -Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please report in this thread any issues you detect with translation in the test update. For general issues with the test update, report in this thread.

Only testers can get the update with the new languages added (Click here to become a tester); translations are very incomplete still and I won't add it in public releases until there's more of it.

Please no off-topic posts, let's keep it clean. A short post specifying the dialogue/window and the language specific problem is what helps the most. Also:

-For now I've included the localized files for russian, german, polish, portuguese and czech. Others are being completed and will be added later.
-Most of the game is still not translated. Only the UI, character names, items, and the dialogues around Lannegar are included, so please don't report "X is displayed in english". Much more is ready and will be added soon, this is kind of a pilot build to see how it goes.

vo1d

Russian texts are ёбаный стыд. Switched back to EN after maybe 3 minutes in game.
"Стоит радоваться, что находишься у негорящего конца")))))))

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The following texts are missing in the German translation (instead, just a double quote appears):
  • Traits window - Description of Intellect stats (DESC_INT_STATS)
  • Traits window - Description of Awareness stats (DESC_AWA_STATS)
  • Traits window - Description of Endurance LvL 1 (DESC_END_1)
  • Store window (from main menu) - Second bullet of Full License feature list (FULL_FEATURE_1)

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
German translation: The Setup dialogue (from main menu) as well as the Controller Setup dialogue underneath look messy because some strings are way too long. Need to redo the translation with heavy use of abbreviations to fix this. How should the corrections be communicated, via forum or by editing the files on Google Drive?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
German localization: The Skills window as well as all the skill details are quite a mix of languages. The description appears in English, the skill stats appear in Spanish, some words/phrases appear in German. I guess that all the non-German texts are supposed to be English, not Spanish, right?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The tag "Store" (in strings.xlsx) is used twice, for shop ("Tienda") and storing things in containers ("Dejar"). Thus, when interacting with containers, the wrong text appears on the Store button ("Tienda" instead of "Dejar", similar for other languages).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Noted, seems like I had some problem importing text with quotes but I'll be able to handle it after all the bugs are fixed.

Updating text to the files in the "Other" folder is no problem, you can edit them online.

I see now the confusion about "Store", heh.

brissenden

Translator
vo1d":2uarm13i said:
Russian texts are ёбаный стыд. Switched back to EN after maybe 3 minutes in game.
"Стоит радоваться, что находишься у негорящего конца")))))))
Ты русский? О.о

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":29ynkz5b said:
Updating text to the files in the "Other" folder is no problem, you can edit them online.
Updated strings and texts, hopefully solving most UI issues and fixing some typos on the way.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks. I am giving priority to the bugs, but all this will get looked into. I'll also ask Greendragon to email all translators and direct them to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.