Testers Feedback -Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please report in this thread any issues you detect with translation in the test update. For general issues with the test update, report in this thread.

Only testers can get the update with the new languages added (Click here to become a tester); translations are very incomplete still and I won't add it in public releases until there's more of it.

Please no off-topic posts, let's keep it clean. A short post specifying the dialogue/window and the language specific problem is what helps the most. Also:

-For now I've included the localized files for russian, german, polish, portuguese and czech. Others are being completed and will be added later.
-Most of the game is still not translated. Only the UI, character names, items, and the dialogues around Lannegar are included, so please don't report "X is displayed in english". Much more is ready and will be added soon, this is kind of a pilot build to see how it goes.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
997: In the German translation, the dialogue of Anton Gerdt is still in English when spoken to in front of Ydaya tomb. Strangely, the dialogue is in German when Anton is met in the NG library, although it should be the same file (lannegar_explorer), right?

EDIT: Forget that last statement. Just checked, the dialogue with Anton in NG is also in English now. But it definitely was in German in one of the previous test versions.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Fixed in 998, as well as other dialogues that had similar errors and were not loading correctly.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
Where is Giles quest. After returning to Guard Chea with remains of Giles I discovered, that she speaks in English.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Petr Šuhaj":2b8ymeg7 said:
Where is Giles quest. After returning to Guard Chea with remains of Giles I discovered, that she speaks in English.

Is that 997 or 998?

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
It is 997 czech version - the part where she persuade me to give her Giles remains. Other things were in czech, also the whole Latimer is in czech.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Petr Šuhaj":3pr91r3m said:
It is 997 czech version - the part where she persuade me to give her Giles remains. Other things were in czech, also the whole Latimer is in czech.

The problem is 997, you probably started the quest in 996 or earlier and that's why she talked in czech to you. In 997 I added special checks that could identify wrong number of lines, or tab characters, and then open the english file and send me a report. I did it to prevent crashes for end users. It should work fine now in 998. Same with Anton Gerdt in german.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
When you say the dialogue wasn't shown correctly due to some failsafe mechanism that detects corrupted language files, does that mean there is something wrong with the corresponding source files (problematic characters or formatting)?

In other words: Is there work for us to do on those source files?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":8qldtu70 said:
When you say the dialogue wasn't shown correctly due to some failsafe mechanism that detects corrupted language files, does that mean there is something wrong with the corresponding source files (problematic characters or formatting)?

In other words: Is there work for us to do on those source files?

No, the problem was on my side. The loading of files into the game has a manual part, it is not entirely automated, so errors happen too.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
A brief reminder in case it hasn't made it on the to-do-list: The "Store" bug is still active in the localized versions. It's always a bit odd that when I want to deposit something in a container, the button tells me that I'm actually going to "buy" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.