Feedback after a month of playing

GhostInADagger

What is good:
- The general old school open world feeling
- Three classes with unique advantages and play style
- Excelent difficulty choices; I enjoyed casual as well as the ironman runs
- Adequate balancing and story up until the Key quest is done (around level 8)
- There are some great, engaging quests like investigating your origins, saving some people, and a hint of something bigger going on

What could be better:
- Quests to kill 5 goblins or 10 coyotes kill the immersion. The same task formulated as "clear the castle park" or "secure the pass" would feel much better.
- There are very limited world discovery and zoning hints beyond the main line which goes to New Garand and the tower, and even that one ends in a cop-out that essentially just sends you to grind up to level 15 and fight enough rumor bosses. Nothing suggests going to Freetown, which is a great trading point. There should be more leads to the coast area, Rhöneis plains, Sydarun, other areas in the order of increasing difficulty. A new player often feels left alone to just stumble around without purpose. Too few NPCs anywhere ever talk about another area.
- Factions could play more of a guiding role in the world events, at least the major ones like the Warriors Guild. Clerics Guild could be fighting the ancient evil on your side, and the Seventh House could have some team heists or more noble espionage missions. The way they are, factions provide some optional twists but nothing that lives up to their implied status.
- Many of the quests and characters lack something to make one care about them. Okay, the Church of the Three could use a better building, but why should I root for it, does it have a mission that aligns with my ideals? Okay, the Loreseekers ask me to recover some journals, but that doesn't feel like learning any ancient mysteries, more like an errand. It may be useful also to add some leads to the quests with the highest rewards.
- There doesn't seem to be any peaceful / smart / sneaky playthrough option. There are skills and attributes that seem relevant, but I cannot see how they could get you through anything but a few isolated cases. I may be wrong. Ranged weapons come closest I guess.

Workarounds for current players:
- Try different difficulty levels. Ironman can teach you survival and picking fights / quests carefully, and improve immersion because you care more at least about your own character. Casual can offer a smooth campaign for safely exploring more of the world.
- Use the areas challenge level map: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... llenge_Map
- When stuck between grinding and undoable quests, search for top gear to improve your character and companion faster.

It is still a great game, the best mobile RPG I ever saw. Let's hope that versions 1.0+ will be even better.