Various suggestions

phaolo

Loreseeker
Here are a few suggestions to improve the game, in my opinion:

- Quicksave shouldn't work during combat and its button is a bit too near the Load one. One time I saved by mistake while I was surronded by high-level Trolls.. RIP XD

- can you try to improve the digital "control pad"?
It often happens that when I tap on it, the character moves backwards (annoying near map edges). I don't know if it's because it's too small or what. I can't be the only one with this issue..

- keeping 0 intelligence and personality for a warrior doesn't seem harmful like in other RPGs. Maybe you should add more checks during conversations (and show the missed ones). I'm only at level 8, btw.

- there should be some ingame info about special item attributes like Holy, Beast slayer, etc.
- explain better that the vault can be accessed from every city.

Kuratha

Staff member
phaolo":2bu8xij0 said:
Err.. many links are broken.
EDIT: the last brackets are missing.

I already know the first 2, but the "isometric world map" I was talking about joined these kind of maps:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/imag ... Valley.png

--

I quite like your routes map. :)

But remember also:
- to add\mark at least for the towns.
- Tremadan's one-way tele to Freetown or to NG's Enclave.
- Grey Library Book to Wywern Mountains.

I wish that you could join your 2 maps, replacing the "regular routes" with the area "walls" (discarding the world map background).

I don't know if these additions could make a mess, though.

Hmmm a great idea, I'll see what I can do.

phaolo

Loreseeker
theseriousone23":3hw7pif7 said:
phaolo":3hw7pif7 said:
I wish that you could join your 2 maps, replacing the "regular routes" with the area "walls" (discarding the world map background).
Hmmm a great idea, I'll see what I can do.
Hey, maybe the easiest solution would be to just replace the region images with the (separated) world map squares with "walls".

Btw, you should improve the walls lines at some point, because they're very thin.
Maybe change to color to something else, like blue or red? (and avoid grey)

Kuratha

Staff member
After much effort and several free trials of Photoshop downloaded, a working rough draft has been produced. :shock:

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... _World_Map

Unfortunately several tiles have its own unique shape making slotting and editing each image slightly annoying. Luckily, most of the images had been uploaded by the same person making the editing process mostly the same till I got to those few images where different users uploaded them. So I kinda had to squish, rotate, skew, and lotsa other things I wish I'd remembered how to do.

---Progress Report---
*First rendering; complete @ 66% of original image sprites.
*2nd rendering; pending @ 100% image sprite.
**Added: Names, locations of note, etc; pending.
**Links: for every 'tile' to either dungeon or main page; pending.
*Update for Annotated map; pending.

(And just for kicks and giggles, my first attempt via paint...where I realized I needed to whip out da big boy Photoshop)
https://ibb.co/iLBXvm

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
theseriousone23":1i9qxv7q said:
After much effort and several free trials of Photoshop downloaded, a working rough draft has been produced.
Should you run out of free PS trials, you may use GIMP instead. It's free and provides most of the PS functionality (including handling psd files).