It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mail system
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:10 pm 

This has probably been talked about but it would be cool to be able transfer money or items between your own players or other people's players.

Post subject: Re: Mail system
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 pm 

I would vote against such an idea. While I understand item sharing is an increasingly common feature for games, it disrupts game flow. Level 1 character gets 100,000 gold, end-of-game items and presto, whats the point of the game? Item sharing is too much like a cheat mode for my tastes.

Ultimately it's up to the Developer, but I'm leery item sharing for this game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

Sorry but such a thing can't be included in this game. It would make the whole economy pointless. Maybe it's popular now, I don't know. I admit I have played just 2-3 RPGs made in the last decade but I have never seen item trading across characters in a single player game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 pm 

DavidBVal wrote:
Sorry but such a thing can't be included in this game. It would make the whole economy pointless. Maybe it's popular now, I don't know. I admit I have played just 2-3 RPGs made in the last decade but I have never seen item trading across characters in a single player game.

Diablo Hellfire and the: Cornerstone of the world?

I agree that item sharing would be similar in effect as save scumming etc. It'd twist the gameplay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 am 

Atomos wrote:
[I agree that item sharing would be similar in effect as save scumming etc. It'd twist the gameplay.

I think Item Sharing would have a more detrimental impact than using saves to re-do a part of the game. The latter merely allows a person a second chance, so to speak, thus the outcome is at least something that's possible (even save scumming to get a rare drop only tips the odds), in the first, situations never intended in the game would be commonplace. For example, a player could have made a different choice at the quest dialogue, or could have gotten the rare drop the first time; but, a player would never start the game with end-of-game gear and mass amounts of gold.

Also, given key items and quest items overlap, it would be possible to create a situation where a player has gear from two different quest outcomes.