STICKY - Minor Graphics Issues

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":1q8q4pwd said:
That's one of those little things that I always notice RIGHT AFTER an update, and then I forget to note down. But this time I'll fix it, thanks!
I'm afraid to say that the little icon bug is still there, even after the update. But no harm done, it's like an old friend by now which greets you on every startup...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah... The other times I forgot, this time I ran out of time, had to publish to fix some worse issues. It will be fixed soon :mrgreen:

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The slot highlighting in the new vault system is somewhat confusing. Upon changing vaults the slot currently highlighted stays highlighted, even after tapping another one. In this way one can in principle highlight all slots at once by repeatedly switching back and forth between vaults. While this doesn't seem to influence the equipment handling in any way, it's looking quite weird.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":37m178lc said:
The slot highlighting in the new vault system is somewhat confusing. Upon changing vaults the slot currently highlighted stays highlighted, even after tapping another one. In this way one can in principle highlight all slots at once by repeatedly switching back and forth between vaults. While this doesn't seem to influence the equipment handling in any way, it's looking quite weird.

Noted!

Oderbran

I've been experiencing the same issue about the highlights as MikeB, and the Governor text overlap that Feldon reported. The device I use is a Motorola Moto E, if it helps to know the resolution I'm playing at, it's 540 by 960. More details below, as well as a few contributions of my own.

- Batrax corpses are displayed over player character if you try to walk over them. Possibly a layer issue?
- Butterfingers' (in New Garand Sewers) text takes up more space than the dialogue box allows for, so some of the words are clipped. Same for governor D'Azlan (in New Garand Castle) through the dialogue for the quest "Three Versus Eleven".
- The flavor text and elemental symbols for some items (such as Traitor's Shirt, Blood Thunder, Heroic Helm) "spill out" of the description box, not only screwing with formatting, but also in some cases making it difficult to press the drop or equip buttons (it's the latter case with both Righteousness and Despair, for example - they don't have any elements that spill out, but the flavor text is big enough that the buttons are clipped).
- When I open a container or merchant item screen (not only in the vaults, as MikeB reported), random item slots are highlighted as if they were selected. Sometimes it happens with two or three slots at the same time. If a highlighted slot is actually selected then unselected, the highlight disappears, but nothing else is affected. It started after I installed the latest update and happens pretty frequently since then.
- A shock attack sprite was just hanging in the air near Sydarun. Took a screenshot for your amusement, but it says the board attachment quota has been reached. If someone knows how to solve this, I'll edit to post it.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Oderbran":ow34r83e said:
A shock attack sprite was just hanging in the air near Sydarun. Took a screenshot for your amusement, but it says the board attachment quota has been reached. If someone knows how to solve this, I'll edit to post it.
Now that you mention it, I remember having similar effects while wielding Sword of Shock back then. I think it mostly happended after dying and reloading or leaving a map and returning (although I'm not sure about the latter) that one or even several sprites were still floating in the air.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
yes, there is a bug related with special effects that sometimes appear on the wrong coordinates as you move across a map... trying to sort it out.

romulomazz

I don't know if its considered as grafics, but the Light is behind the description. I looked in other itens but couldn't found other like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-01-20-50-36_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-01-20-50-36_1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,650

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Sometimes when a healer mob casts its healing spell, the life bar shows up again on already dead mobs. In particular, I noticed this when two skeletal evokers were present in the same group. If one of them is killed and the second one casts its spell, the dead one apparently also gets healed but keeps lying on the ground. So no harm done, seems to be just a graphical glitch.

Macatron

Oderbran":3mu6gi8v said:
- Butterfingers' (in New Garand Sewers) text takes up more space than the dialogue box allows for, so some of the wordsg are clipped.

I was just getting ready to post up about this, and then I saw your post. Here's a screenshot of it for a better reference. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9410.JPG
    IMG_9410.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,607