Typos - small errors, please notify here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
After starting new game, here are some more:
- A Mysterious Letter: capitalize quest title

-Gather Ingredients: ...they grow *in* the banks, should be *on*

-A Warriors Honor: Grissenda misspelled, omit comma in second sentence
Update to quest, Grissenda misspelled

Tavern rumors:
A group of Varannari *is* now camping...change to *are*, omit comma

Goblins may seem puny and weak, but they can swarm you easily...omit comma, reword to *but they can easily swarm you*

One of the finest alchemists in *the* Nivarian...omit *the*, omit comma between *business* and *and*

Conversation with Grissenda:
You are truly a honorable friend...*accompain* should be *accompany*

"Recruited a companion" box:
From now on she will follow you around, or wait *on* her hometown...omit comma, change to *in*

Sounkeng

The description if icicle and primal icicle are reverse.

Currently it says that icicle is " made of enchanted primal ice", meanwhile primal icicle doesn't have that part of the description.

Also, noted that the sale price to merchants is the same for both swords... Not sure that is intentional.

Kuratha

Staff member
It's been bugging me for a year now.

When you are killed the message reads "you was killed" This should be "you were killed".

Kuratha

Staff member
https://ibb.co/mxJCiw -- "And still many Varannari abandon their clans" 'c' and 'l' in clans appear to be a 'd'

https://ibb.co/iM003w -- "You fumbled your arrow because there's enemies too close!"
More correct (and fun) readings would be:
'You fumbled your arrow due to charging enemies!'
'You fumbled your arrow because of nearby enemies!'
'You panicked and fumbled your arrow!'

Denzera

Loreseeker
hueydvr38":2mootqhm said:
Tavern rumors:
A group of Varannari *is* now camping...change to *are*, omit comma

This is correct as-is. There's just one group. The group camps, the group is camping.
Collective noun, yadda yadda. (unless we're doing British English here, but I've only seen American English used in the game)

One of the finest alchemists in *the* Nivarian...omit *the*, omit comma between *business* and *and*
"The" isn't necessarily an error. You can ask my friends up north of me in The Bronx how that works.

Conversation with Grissenda:
You are truly a honorable friend...*accompain* should be *accompany*
Could also say it should be "an" honorable friend, being that the 'h' is silent.

Denzera

Loreseeker
OK, I've now beaten the game, and I've been taking a lot of notes. Here are the typos from that list.

Tremadan's Image: "a millennia ago". Millennia is plural, should be "millennia ago" if you meant several millennia, or more likely, "a millennium ago".

Tremadan's Image: "an unhinhabitable hell" -- remove initial 'h' from 'uninhabitable'.

Undermother: "I retireved a shard" -- should be "retrieved".

Energy Cell: "Why not drinking it?", as previously stated should be "why not try drinking it?" or "why not drink it?"

Gravestone in Lost Tomb: "yet we don't dare waking him" -- I assume you mean "wake him", though perhaps "try waking him" would suggest even hesitancy about their ability to do so.

Scroll of Turn Undead says "Paralize"; the word, of course, is "paralyze".

Valeran: "As a Thuamian Arcane Knight and I am bound by honor..." -- drop "and", add comma, should be "as a [...] knight, I am bound by honor".

Derina Gesham: "My bad judgement has costed the royal loreseekers..." -- firstly, the word is judgment. Secondly, "has cost" the royal loreseekers.

Derina Gesham: "...one of the last thing I was on the crystal ball" -- simple typo, put "saw" instead of "was".

Monolith description (all of them): "shilouette". Word is "silhouette".

Oracle: "The crash sent me into standby for over a millenia". Firstly, two 'n's in 'millennia'. Secondly, I think you mean "for over a millennium", as in singular. Just 1000 years.

Lastly, the item that Valeran drops if you beat him in Dragon Coast seems to be called "Thuramiam Breastplate". In keeping with your use of the demonym everywhere else, I believe you meant "Thuramian", not "Thuramiam".

The Oracle, in its dialogue, uses several different spellings of the Muud'ari home planet. It's not a word in the dictionary, but whatever you decide it should be called, I'd double check that for consistency.

Think that's enough for now.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
"The" isn't necessarily an error. You can ask my friends up north of me in The Bronx how that works.

I disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nivarian is a city and that would be like saying "I'm going to the Los Angeles" since "the" isn't part of Nivarian's proper name.

Denzera

Loreseeker
hueydvr38":1y60g47l said:

I disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nivarian is a city and that would be like saying "I'm going to the Los Angeles" since "the" isn't part of Nivarian's proper name.

"I'm going to The Bronx to root against the Yankees". Legal city name: "Bronx, NY".

Look, it's pedantic, and frankly I could go either way on it. The point I feel stronger about is that "Nivarian", with the "-ian" suffix, is not a normal English place-name. "-ia" is very common. If it were Nivaria, you'd call its residents Nivarians. But ending proper nouns with "-ian" is something you only see in Armenian family names. (or name-derived places like San Sebastian, West Lothian -- those are very rare exceptions) So I'd much sooner see it called "Nivaria", consistently, and could perhaps then refer to "The Nivarian Swamplands" or "Nivarian waterways" or whatever.

Denzera

Loreseeker
While I'm at it here, I remembered a few other typos that I only had screenshots of.

1. Upside-down question mark on the response to Undermother:
Screenshot_20171015-204529_zpsczn50jqs.jpg

2. The word "fictitious" is spelled as "ficticious" at two points in the Magister's dialogue, one of which is in your response.
Screenshot_20171015-215141_zps6fg4zczw.jpg

Screenshot_20171015-215533_zpsb2ffre39.jpg

The rest of mine that I spotted on my playthrough are listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.