Save & Reload bugs. Please help me fix them

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'm getting reports of some rare behavior when reloading games, sometimes getting an empty area, or with NPCs that clearly belong to a different area (monsters in the middle of town). some people has mentioned losing savegames, but I didn't get more information.

I've been trying to reproduce this or find what's going on, but I've never seen it happen. so please, if ANYTHING odd happens, email me a backup.

Any little info you give me can help. This is an important bug that I want to fix ASAP.

thanks in advance!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Only problem I noticed so far is that sometimes continue game doesn't load last saved game.

What I think is maybe related is that I save game, play a bit and then exit game without saving latest position (force exit with home "button").

After I "continue" with wrong save, I can manually load right one.

I'll inform if I see something like mentioned here.

Langley

Alan_SP":q4l4vbmq said:
Only problem I noticed so far is that sometimes continue game doesn't load last saved game.

What I think is maybe related is that I save game, play a bit and then exit game without saving latest position (force exit with home "button").

After I "continue" with wrong save, I can manually load right one.

I'll inform if I see something like mentioned here.

Yes i have the same problem

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I already fixed that for next update 880... yeah the big problems I described above, I suspect are more of a "glitch" and not a bug. I guess, I'll have to keep watching.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify... you close the game and when you continue, it goes back, to what save slot?

and then when you go to the load screen, in the green "continue game" slot, you see the correct save?

I uploaded a new version (880) but the problem I found was mostly related to reloading after you die.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
When I continue, I'm not sure which slot exactly it uses. We now have auto and quick save, plus two of "custom" save slots. In my case it loads from one of the custom ones.

I never played and to be honest, didn't looked what slot is in "green" one for continuing, I choose one with latest time, it is usually quick save.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
There is a "slot zero" which is the one used for Save&Exit, and for application closed. that slot is the one that appears on top, color green, when you click on the three dotted button. And it is the one used by default for Continue Game.

You can't save on it manually, nor load from it, except by continuing the game.

At least, that is the expected behavior.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I noticed something like being able to save in dungeons if I exit the game, I was able to continue.

But, when not continuing, it was custom slot, or, maybe, some "phantom" save slot, not the "zero" one you mention.