Small bug with quest in Oasis?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Maybe it isn't bug, but in other quests when I made some progress I was notified that something changed in journal and journal had updated text.

When speaking about quest in Oasis, where I need to solve some spider infestation (not sure what they called, something on m...) and go down to cave where there are three "nests". When I destroyed all three nests nothing happened, no journal update, nothing, so I thought that there may be more of these nests I needed to destroy.

After looking all of map, I didn't found any caves, any nests, so I went to person who gave me quest. He said I did the quest and gave me reward.

This behavior doesn't look like intended, or it is? It would be good to know if all nests are destroyed, so I know that this quest is done.

Also, just to reuse this thread, dialog with the person that gives this dialog has (if I remember correctly) is a bit strange, same option is offered even when answer answers it, so you can perpetually repeat same question. Other dialogs look fine in that sense as far as I can remember.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just to mention, I had coyote and hunting bugs quests, there was this "quest communication" working just fine. I even received info on each killed coyote.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but with the nests, it's not so easy. Killing coyotes, I just have to increase a variable. If you leave the area, sleep, return, respawn the valley, it doesn't matter much. the journal variable is increased and each value says "you killed 1 coyote..." then "you killed 2 coyotes..."

But with the nests, I have to keep separate note of the times you've hit each, and you can do it in any order, for isntance destroy nest 2, then leave, and the way the journal works is a bit linear. I don't think the quest engine can do it better than it does now... something I learned for my next game :)

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I don't know anything about actual code, but thinking about it, maybe you can count destroyed nests. There are three to destroy, when you destroy third, you can trigger some dialog. If it is possible, of course.

If not, we'll need to guess that we actually destroyed all nests that exists (which was a problem for me, as I mentioned already).