[BUG]Towns folk disappearing

TrashPanda

While transitioning from the Northern Blumist River to the Rhneis Planes I accidentally closed the application and I worried that my previous data wouldn't save, so I quickly got back on to my account and I appeared in Northern Jabal Hills and it got me confused then I checked my inventory and all my items where still there, the ones I got after my last save so then I headed back into the Rhneis Planes and no NPC's where at the village. Then loaded to my last save and went to go check if the people where gone and they still where. I didn't check to see if other villagers where gone from other villages but the colonist from the colony in Northern Bluemist River where still there. Hopefully there's a solution to the bug since it wouldn't allow me to do the quest from that location permanently. Other than that the game is great haven't found a iOS/android game that has kept me entertained this much.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
TrashPanda":1cnq89yv said:
While transitioning from the Northern Blumist River to the Rhneis Planes I accidentally closed the application and I worried that my previous data wouldn't save, so I quickly got back on to my account and I appeared in Northern Jabal Hills and it got me confused then I checked my inventory and all my items where still there, the ones I got after my last save so then I headed back into the Rhneis Planes and no NPC's where at the village. Then loaded to my last save and went to go check if the people where gone and they still where. I didn't check to see if other villagers where gone from other villages but the colonist from the colony in Northern Bluemist River where still there. Hopefully there's a solution to the bug since it wouldn't allow me to do the quest from that location permanently. Other than that the game is great haven't found a iOS/android game that has kept me entertained this much.

Strange glitch, but when saving gets interrupted, things can happen. As a solution, have you simply tried sleeping at the Rhoneis inn? that should respawn the whole world, including that town. I don't think glitches can permanently affect the game spawns.

But before that, if you can, please export a backup and email it to me, I'd like to have a look at what happened.

Bullbaiter

TrashPanda":1y7egzv0 said:

I experienced a very similar thing happen when I closed my app and went to log back in. It was also in the rheonis area but I spawned near kingsbridge and nobody was in town. My map was black and I was near the center of it, just outside Kingsbridge on the road.

Strange right?

I kept reloading and eventually my companion and quest npc was back following me and so were the peoplee in town so it seemed fixed to me and I kept going , playing and saving as normal. Haven't experienced anything else but my map for that location was reset to black map lol

As a side note: I had gone to the underground orc fort and rescued the miner slave and was on route to bring him back when I had saved and closed app, I turned in the quest afterwards when the people came back and have had no problems since.