[NOT A BUG] - Xp loss on death, forceful save system

Balgias

The XP on death and subsequent save reload need to stop. It's ****ing enraging to be FORCED to restart back at the last tavern I was at, lose XP, and have the save I had created before some fight replaced with being thrown back to the tavern. Make this standard on a higher difficulty or something, it does nothing but detract from the game experience as a sort of false difficulty obstacle.

FORCING me to have to play from some point I didn't save at, and dictating when and where I can save on this mobile game are bad, very very bad ideas and need to be weeded out. Until the combat is more fleshed out and the game is more complete it doesn't need artificial difficulty derivatives plagueing the experience.

This being a -slow- game losing the time and effort required to go somewhere and fight my way through mobs is punishment enough without getting a 'fuck you' from the game for having died in some accident of the buggy character handling, or a charge that didn't connact with mobs, or a whirlind that failed to hit mobs just barely around some object near my character.

Positron68

Re: Xp loss on death, forceful save system

I think this is a bug, when you die it's supposed to go back to your last save, and worked fine when the "Save" button was implemented a while ago, but something is wrong now I think.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Xp loss on death, forceful save system

and have the save I had created before some fight replaced with being thrown back to the tavern

If this is true, it is *ABSOLUTELY* a bug, and a big one. If you sleep at tavern, then save at the dungeon entrance, then die, you should reload to dungeon entrance, NOT to tavern. Moved to Support forum.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: MOVED: [BUG] - Xp loss on death, forceful save system

Hmmmm trying to reproduce this, but it is not happening either in desktop version or in any of my devices. And looking at the code, everything looks OK. :(

Yet, two people have reported it. Balgias here, and some player wrote it in a Play Store review.

Just to be clear, Balgias, if you use the save option at any outdoor area, and then die, you're not reloading to that save point? Are you respawning at the inn autosave?

Kennnethor

I think I know what's up. Because it got me confused, too.

What Bagrias means is, he did "Save and Exit", and that would in theory savegame right there. But when you die, you don't return to your "Save and Exit" game, you return to your "save game" or to the last inn you slept at. Right? Save and Exit is just to later continue the game, same as hitting Home button.

Solution: remove "save and exit", change it to "exit to main menu", let them save if they want before that. Or even prompt them to save before exit. But if you ask the player if he wants to "Save", he'll naturally think he is saving the game, and his progress is safe until there.

Having said this, probably only "old testers" will have this problems, as kids nowadays are used to their fancy "Save" button. :mrgreen:

Balgias

The here is that I'm manually saving outdoors using the -save- button beore a dungeon, dying in said dungeon, and am geting thrown back into a tavern with xp missing. I might be mistaken but I don't think I am.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Please someone reproduce it, and then email me using the "support" button, telling me the character name, so I check the logs.

If you use the "Save" button, you should go right there when you die. It is a bug, not a feature :p

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Okay, no one has reported this yet. Should I assume that maybe people thought they had saved, but they actually didn't?

Since last builds, I'll get more detailed logs, so if it happens please report to me. this is the kind of bug that, if is still there, should be rooted out entirely. for now I'll just forget about this until someone reports an occurance.