WIki width does not adapt to screen on Android

tungstic

Loreseeker
On Windows, pages in this forum and the wiki automatically adjust to window/screen width, as expected. Unfortunately, this does not happen on Android, which is a problem on small screens. It does not seem to matter whether it is Chrome or Firefox.

If this is not the right forum section for this topic, please advise.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Re: WIki width does adapt to screen on Android

It works fine for me on android, could it be that you activated desktop mode in your browser?

tungstic

Loreseeker
My apologies - I was unclear. Let me try again.

Wiki:
- On Windows, you can adjust both the window size and the browser text size, and the wiki layout adjusts to match.
- On Android, you can't adjust the window size or the browser text size - you can only zoom, and zooming does not this does not affect the layout, which is sized to exactly fill the screen when not zoomed. If you zoom in so that you can read the text, the display is clipped, so you have to horizontal scroll every line to read it.

Forum: The forum layout is entirely static, so things are even worse there.

The screen shot above seems to have been taken on a tablet. On a phone, things are harder to work with.

I don't now what "desktop mode" mode is, or how to activate/deactivate it.

It may be too hard to fix this. If we were starting from scratch, WordPress might be a better choice for the Forum.