[Bug] Quest becomes stuck "A Web of Terror"

wolfgang784

Running the android version, whichever existed on October 1st 2019. Quest is "A Web of Terror" gotten from the guards at the checkpoint from South Jabal Hills to Freetown.

Once you get the crazy guy to meet you in the cave, if you have 2 per and demand he hand over the key but run away during the fight the quest gets stuck.

He vanishes and is no longer down there but the quest log says I angered him and need to fight him still. He isnt back in town either. Reloaded game to redo the fight but figured id post it.

Ektoplazm

You need some stat requitments to knock the gem out of his hand and shatter it thus opening the entrace to the cave, or yoy can fight him it seems thoe i didnt do this, could bece useful later in the game when or if you decide to break into the golden cove bank so you dont have to kill the bank keeper and get negative rep for many places i ended up without the gem with the only teo opurtunitys in the game, "DOWN to the poimt thoe!" You may be able to get it off him in the arena in freetown hes the 10th battle but its pretty hard especially if your a mage.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
This is a known issue. Running away from some boss fights that are triggered by dialog will permanently despawn the boss. This is also in some other quests like The Prodigal Daughter.

I guess lorewise it would kinda make a bit of sense that Sargon doesn't just stand waiting there after you saw through his lies and ran away trying to find an easier prey to lure into the spider den.

Ektoplazm":1ayyx3m1 said:
this, could bece useful later in the game when or if you decide to break into the golden cove bank so you dont have to kill the bank keeper and get negative rep for many places i ended up without the gem with the only teo opurtunitys in the game, "DOWN to the poimt thoe!" You may be able to get it off him in the arena in freetown hes the 10th battle but its pretty hard especially if your a mage.

The gem you need to get in the golden cove heist isn't the same as the one Sargon used to open the barrier in the Jabal hills. That also makes sense since it would be a really bad bank security system if everyone who had that type of magical gem could open the barrier to the bank vaults.

Also you don't get the gem after killing him in the Freetown arena. I do agree though that the fight against Sargon is very tough. Certainly since you can't use your strongest gear.