Nvidia shield no longer compatible

Balgias

I had been playing this game for a few days on my nvidia shield, now when I boot up the game is says " ALPHA EXPIRED " and I can no longer download the title from the google play store.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello... yes, the problem is, NVidia shield is a great device, but apparently there's a problem with its implementation of the xml parser... it caused random crashes to several games. I've yet to investigate in depth the reasons and a fix, so in the meantime I just marked as incompatible.

I'll tell you what I can do, I'll re-enable it as compatible and we see what happens, if I start getting 1-star reviews I will remove it again. In a few hours, you should see the update.

If you get a crash, please click the "report" button so I get some information.

Also, I strongly recommend starting all over, instead of continuing your saved game. The whole beginning was rewritten/rebalanced, I think you'll like it much better now.

Balgias

Crashing is not a big issue on nvidia shield it does happen though. The issue on the shield is the sound cutting out for ingame sounds, music, or music I have playing on the side.

The gamepad mapper controls that are mandatory for playing on the shield will also sometimes freeze for a second or two after having touched the screen.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Balgias