Freetown Arena Glitch

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Many many runs through the Arena so this is not a newbie type post. Not looking for assistance. Just sharing and curious if anyone else had this happen.

Was in Freetown with mage using staff. Emptied the inventory and filled my bag and storage. Did a quicksave and townsave. Entered Arena. Grabbed 3 gear items from one chest and staff from the other. Summoned Sparkling. Won fight. Got all equipment back. Checked inventory. All good. Left arena. Didn't see the need to re-check inventory again once re-entering Freetown. Quick save and 6 hour townsave. (Last hard save was 20 days earlier, ugh). Checked character and bag of holding gone, RSS gone, gear gone, etc all gone. Instead I was holding all the equipment that's in the Arena weapon chest except for the staff that I originally took out of it. Was a doozy. Only option was to reload character from 20 days earlier. I smash content fast so 20 days is a lot of quests.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Wow that's really strange, did the same today (before your post) and had no problems. Put all my items in bag of holding and did all runs till I became champion. No problem at all, I couldn't even take the items from the arena (the chests with equipment before getting to the fight) with me. But my bag of holding was save. That's really weird.

I'm playing on Android 7.1.1, latest version of exiledkingdoms

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Yeah. Was so weird. Felt like my eyes were tricking me. You can't take the gear or weapons from chests out into the city. Only potions you bought for the $1500 bribe and items found on the 3 skeletons inside the Arena. Plus can you even lose your Bag of Holding? That was how I knew it was a program glitch and not my brain glitching(Which it's known to do) to retain all my equipment from the post fight Arena chest.

Using PC latest version on Steam

p4ran0id

Staff member
You should export your Save file and send it (with a description of the problem) to David for analyzing. [email protected]

It should be impossible to loose the bag of holding or the items stored there

Wyrm

Loreseeker
All gone

Attachments

• 20190527173613_1.jpg
    20190527173613_1.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 971
  • 20190527174532_1.jpg
    20190527174532_1.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 971

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Somehow this glitch makes your character "believe" he is still in arena... These rare glitches may happen due to maybe a phone call or message interrupting the game at the very exact time some values are being replaced. I make numerous checks to try to prevent them but... Phones are still not computers.

If you send me an exported save I might be able to fix it.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
It was on my PC. Nothing out of the ordinary occured beforehand. Was business as usual. I don't need it fixed. I've moved on. Without glitches in life we would all be zombies.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I hope you learned something ;)

Use separate save slots (or cloud/file export) more often, so you won't lose too much if something happens. I use separate saveslots very often, just as a backup option. If something goes wrong, I won't loose too much. Had a bad experience in my childhood with Gothic 2, because of a bluescreen my quicksave was broken and I lost 16h :!:

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Yeah. Already know the lesson. I usually hard save more often. Got absent minded. Using a cleric is my fastest to full game completion. I was very close with wand/summoner mage. I believe Staff/summoner mage can beat game fastest. It was first attempt. So something to look forward too. EK has everlasting value. Thanks for the help.

abx78

I confirm the bug: fortunately I saved before the arena so I was able to get back my items and my bag of holdings. Replicable bug, it happens every time to me. Is there a way I can provide info to the development team?