Game Crashes when Signing In to the Play Games service

Pilgrim

Hello, I love this game! Already sunk more than two dozen hours into it.

Since I first downloaded the game I’ve been having the issue listed in the title.

My game is up to date: 1.2.1118
I use an iPhone X, which is up to date and not jailbroken or anything like that.

My first character ever is just reaching the low teens and I’m starting to get nervous that I’ll lose everything if something goes wrong with my phone or whatever.

Please tell me if I am doing something wrong setting it with Play Games service? Or what can be done?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
since a couple updates ago, iOS is not fully compatible with Google Cloud service. Some users (a minority) are unable to log in.

what you can do to save your data is export to a file (Continue, Export & Cloud, Export to File) and then copy it to your computer using iTunes File Sharing. You will be able to copy it back to another device.

Pilgrim

Thank you, I will try that.

Bummer about the incompatibility, but that’s not your fault.

I took a few days off playing; armed with renewed confidence I’m about to double down on my addiction to this game, thanks! :D

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":3ukaex8i said:
since a couple updates ago, iOS is not fully compatible with Google Cloud service. Some users (a minority) are unable to log in.

Best solution would be to use an own version for cloud save. Give the player the option to choose where the file should be stored. There is no need to develop it yourself, you can use FOSS solutions like that

https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator

Use the given libraries for sync to gdrive Dropbox and Co, or at least a simple ftp. That way you'll be independent of Google, Apple or steam or their updates.

Just my 2 cent, of course you're busy with the next game, but maybe you could use that idea for Archaelund first, to avoid such problems in the future ;)