It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 pm
Posts: 144
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Found this bug across all saves and new games today. Restarting doesn't seem to fix it.

I'm on a Samsung A8 on the latest version. It did recently update with a new UI. Something called Android Pie 9.0.


Attachments:
20190424_230607.jpg
20190424_230607.jpg [ 495.49 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 am 
Online
EK Developer, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 am
Posts: 5666
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 634 times
Seems like a game font is missing... please try a reinstall.

Android 9 pie is not an UI, is a new version of Android. While I don't own any android 9 device to test it myself, we already have thousands of downloads made by Android 9 devices, and over 300 ratings, so I think there is no incompatibility with Android 9. Please let me know if a reinstall of the game fixes the issue.

Before uninstalling, make sure you backup both in file and cloud!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 pm
Posts: 144
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Thanks, uninstalling and reinstalling worked.

I just made an assumption about the Android update because it mentioned UI on the version and my phones entire UI changed. :D


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 am
Posts: 3
Hi,
I have exactly same issue - reinstall helps only for first launch. After closing app and starting it again - it happens again (missing text like in picture in first post). I restored game after a month from the cloud. Everything was ok before. In meantime i had Android update too.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:14 pm 
Online
EK Developer, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 am
Posts: 5666
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 634 times
SrbskyKral wrote:
Hi,
I have exactly same issue - reinstall helps only for first launch. After closing app and starting it again - it happens again (missing text like in picture in first post). I restored game after a month from the cloud. Everything was ok before. In meantime i had Android update too.


What device and android version are you using?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 pm
Posts: 144
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times
The problem returned again for me too. Uninstalling an reinstalling fixes it temporarily but the text vanishes again on exiting the game and reloading.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:53 am 
Online
EK Developer, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 am
Posts: 5666
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 634 times
Are you using any settings to replace the text fonts in the new UI?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 pm
Posts: 144
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Everything is set to the default settings on my phone itself. And I definitely haven't done anything to alter exiled kingdoms itself.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 am
Posts: 3
DavidBVal wrote:
SrbskyKral wrote:
Hi,
I have exactly same issue - reinstall helps only for first launch. After closing app and starting it again - it happens again (missing text like in picture in first post). I restored game after a month from the cloud. Everything was ok before. In meantime i had Android update too.


What device and android version are you using?



Huawei P20lite, android 8.0.0


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: UI bug on Android
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:49 am 
Online
EK Developer, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 am
Posts: 5666
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 634 times
SrbskyKral wrote:
DavidBVal wrote:
SrbskyKral wrote:
Hi,
I have exactly same issue - reinstall helps only for first launch. After closing app and starting it again - it happens again (missing text like in picture in first post). I restored game after a month from the cloud. Everything was ok before. In meantime i had Android update too.


What device and android version are you using?



Huawei P20lite, android 8.0.0


Then we can discard this is related to Android 9 (pie)... very strange.

I checked my Play Store stats... I have dozens of recent 5 star reviews from P20lite and Samsung A8 users, so I don't think this is an incompatibility with those models either.

Maybe you have installed recently something that could be affecting how other apps are installed? a launcher app, or something font-related? maybe related to accessibility.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
@2016 4DGames. All rights reserved

[ GZIP: Off ]