Controller setup

macadeama

so i will in this topic talk about controller setup in general, for the controller setup is very confusing. it at first makes very little sense, and after a few minutes in game a little less so. Before i begin; you have your character screen witch is yours AND your companions equipment sheet, inventory, and is where you access journal, skills, traits, ect. That bieng said, Having the quick select items options is nice, but you cant use your controller to set them. nor can you use your controller to easily access in any way your inventory. As far as i can tell, you cant level up traits, your skills, or even accessing your reputation, your journal, or your companion. you can access the main menu and save/load even exit the game, but you cant even quick save. i am not going to go on a tirade about all there is wrong, i do enjoy the game. been playing 3+ years. it has come a long ways, and would like to see it improve.

Ektoplazm

I dont see whats so confusing, you can quicksave, acess your inventory via character picture, use skills on the side, acess loot above that, use some inventory quickslots, move around and such i just finished the game no real problems just some minor adjustments that could make the game much smoother and intensify battles

tungstic

Loreseeker
Ektoplazm":12ghkkb5 said:
I dont see whats so confusing, you can quicksave, acess your inventory via character picture, use skills on the side, acess loot above that, use some inventory quickslots, move around and such i just finished the game no real problems just some minor adjustments that could make the game much smoother and intensify battles
Ektoplazm said:
Having tried this, I have found that the limitations claimed in the original post are accurate: those functions are only accessible with KB/Mouse or screen touch.

tungstic

Loreseeker
To clarify:

- There is no controller binding for opening loot. The only way to do this is to enable the option to open loot by attacking it. Further, if your are also next to a character, this option talks to the character. This all works, but is annoying sometimes (which is why it's an option). Finally, it you are next to multiple characters, there seems to be no way for the controller to select which one to talk to.

- There is no controller binding to select a character picture and open it. You have to click it with the mouse.

Also: When one of these dialog boxes is open via the mouse, you can move around but there is no binding for some dialog buttons, e.g. Take All.

carspollutebro

just checking if anyway has successfully played this game by controller?

It seems very badly ported and limited, but i have always been a controller > mouse player and won't bother playing if this is the case.

I tried experimenting and like you claim it is true there is no way to open loot without enabling attack loot option which of course is annoying because it will constantly trigger your companion when he is close.

Also text boxes can't seem to clear without activating mouse and no way to access the character screen, it seems pretty much unplayable by controller.

I only tested 5 minutes....