Need help activating EK.bak file in IOS

ArrowsFTW

Hello I have saved the game file on Google Drive which I then downloaded to my icloud and also in my document files which it can’t read. When I try retrieving my saved file, the game just states that it can’t find EK.bak

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Not an Apple person but perhaps try this...

Open up your Apple version, create a character, get in-game, Save and Exit. Then at the main menu Export it as an EK.BAK file. (We'll call this the TEST version). Now when you copy the version of EK.BAK (the PLAY version) you want to play, make double-certain the PLAY version overwrites the TEST version.

ArrowsFTW

stonedwolf":3s4pv7b2 said:
Not an Apple person but perhaps try this...

Open up your Apple version, create a character, get in-game, Save and Exit. Then at the main menu Export it as an EK.BAK file. (We'll call this the TEST version). Now when you copy the version of EK.BAK (the PLAY version) you want to play, make double-certain the PLAY version overwrites the TEST version.

How do I even access the Exiled Kingdoms files from my iPhone?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly, Apple restricts accessing to the files.

You have two ways to do this:

-via cloud save. If you made a cloud save on Android, you should be able to restore it on iPhone.

-if you have the EK.bak file from your old saves, you can copy it via PC to your iphone via iTunes File Sharing.

As Apple seems to be in the process to replace iTunes File Sharing with iCloud it's possible you can also do it via iCloud, but I am no iOS/Apple expert and I don't really know how that is done.

p4ran0id

Staff member
You should fix that whem you finsih Archealund, David

That's nothing David could ever fix, problem is Apple and iPhone, apps are sandbox, so each app can only access their own folder and no app can access the folder from another app, so file manager to copy the file is not an option.

David would have to literally hack the iPhone to make that possible.

It's just impossible.

Ps: also cloud solution is not really possible, Apple don't cooperate with steam or Google, so as long as they won't change their policy and give an API for that, it won't be possible for a developer to solve that issue

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Last time I tried (1 year ago), I could perfectly copy a EK.bak file to my iPad using the solution in post #4 above.