No lost reputation for failure town hall quests

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
When checking how much reputation you lose when you fail a town hall quests (for potentially creating a character that is hated in all the kingdoms) I noticed a strange bug. If I do nothing but sleep in the inn of the town I got the quest until the time runs out, I don't actually lose any reputation.

The following messages appear:
"Quest ... failed"
"Reputation changed: ..."

But then when I check the logs or my reputation meter nothing has gone. Even changing to other maps doesn't change anything at that point.
However if I do change to another map before losing the quest, I do still lose the reputation as normal.

Below is a screenshot from my experiment. I failed all missions but only in the few cases when I moved to the next city before losing my reputation got removed.

BattleLord":2ci7dngl said:
When checking how much reputation you lose when you fail a town hall quests (for potentially creating a character that is hated in all the kingdoms) I noticed a strange bug. If I do nothing but sleep in the inn of the town I got the quest until the time runs out, I don't actually lose any reputation.

The following messages appear:
"Quest ... failed"
"Reputation changed: ..."

But then when I check the logs or my reputation meter nothing has gone. Even changing to other maps doesn't change anything at that point.
However if I do change to another map before losing the quest, I do still lose the reputation as normal.

Below is a screenshot from my experiment. I failed all missions but only in the few cases when I moved to the next city before losing my reputation got removed.

That's very interesting! That seems to be quite a big oversight in the games mechanics... of course I would have to test it myself.
I once lost my reputation very badly in Mercia for killing Lyserpix, I think I was Arch Enemy status, once the guards started attacking me I would have to kill them and thus making the situation perpetually worse!