It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:08 pm 
Loreseeker

I was intrigued by this mysterious missing skill check so I did some investigating by loading some older save files. In most of them I was met with the same thing that happened to me today: A locked gate and no skill check. However when I loaded up my oldest save file, the gate was still closed but when talking to the Archbishop the skillcheck did appear.

Then I realised the thing that was probably behind this all. It isn't the skillcheck that is broken, it's the gate. I was playing as a cleric and joined the church, so I was able to use the rune in the New Garand temple to teleport in the Hall of Wisdom without needing to open the front gate. I didn't open that front gate yet because I didn't have enough Ilmara reputation yet. But for the gate to the archbishop you don't need Ilmara reputation, only reputation of the Three, something I had plenty of.

So if you open the front gate after opening the gate to the archbishop the value is lowered again. You will only see the difference when reloading the map, that's why I never noticed before. When I entered the hall today I forgot that I did the skillcheck a long time back in the past, so I made the wrong assumption that the skillcheck was broken.