Possible rumor boss bug

Revenant

Hi guys. I am currently playing as LVL 10 warrior and have already finished a key to the past and started the fragments of fate. But so far, no rumor boss has appeared. Is there any minimum level for them to appear? Or this is a glitch of some sort?

p4ran0id

Staff member
No there is not. Also you don't need rumor bosses, there are enough other enemies dropping that, just have a look at wiki ;)

Revenant

Thanks. I know I do not need to, but I like to hunt rumor bosses to get loot. So, is not it a glitch?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Revenant":9xqu6acx said:
Hi guys. I am currently playing as LVL 10 warrior and have already finished a key to the past and started the fragments of fate. But so far, no rumor boss has appeared. Is there any minimum level for them to appear? Or this is a glitch of some sort?
Yes, the lower limit is Lvl 11. And by then only the minor rumor bosses will show up. If nothing changed in recent updates, the level requirements of the various bosses should be:
Elder Troll: 11-13
Hill Giant: 11-13
Ursan Chief: 11-13
Manticore: >11
Minotaur Warlord: >11
Skeletal Warlord : >11
Green Dragon: >12
Giant Chieftain: >14
Great Manticore: >14
Troll Marauder: >14
White Dragon: >14
Lich: >16
Red Dragon: >16

Guess I should add this to the Wiki...

VDX_360

Staff member
Rumor Bosses don't appear at the lower levels as a way to manage difficulty. Players were expected to work on quests and having Rumor Bosses spawn would make for awkward surpises. Can you imagine running into a lich as a Level 5 anything?

With the equipment and skills added, a Level 10 player is much more durable than when the game was first getting developed by it would still be a bit awkward running into dragons and liches unexpectedly.