Lost in a good book bug

Captwinky

Hi love the game BTW.
But I cannot get this quest to progress past the grey library I read the book and crash to main screen on iOS 12 iPad Pro 10.5
I have also been experiencing many more crashes when changing maps than the first time I played about 6 months ago.
Thanks

Captwinky

Sorry just to add some more info, there is a post below that talks about the magister quest I also had that problem but managed to get round it with using different saves restarting etc.
But this bug happens EVERY time. Nothing I can do.

Thanks in advance

VDX_360

Staff member
Crashes during a map switch are most likely due to a memory limitation on the device (RAM tends to be the culprit).

What device are you using, what version of the devices operating system?

Are you running any apps at the same time? Double check there's not an army of apps running in the background that you don't know about?

Try clearing the cache for your device, turning off / exiting any other apps running.
I

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
It can be something with iOS, as it looks it already has been reported by two persons and developer now know about this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16598

Of course, more info always can help diagnose what is actually going on and why.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like after latest iOS 12 release, ipad pro 10.5 users are reporting crashes during area changes. I am trying to find a solution, although it may come from Apple in a patch. This was never reported in previous iOS versions.

Captwinky

Not sure if this is important or not but I have been trying to set up cloud saves to see if I can get past this bug.
Every time I turn it on in the main menu I get a crash to iOS desktop. Not sure if it’s related. Also iOS 12.0.1 has not helped.

Thanks