Repeated crash in story quest - IOS

Wayfear

Love the game. However, when I try to do the Magister story quest the game repeatedly crashes back to the iOS. It goes through the dialogue ok and then when you fall asleep you can see the background change to the jail and then it hiccups and repeatedly crashes. Reloading, restarting ipad, nothing helps.

This may be related to the new iOS because I recall getting through the sequence once before I upgraded, although if I recall it crashed a couple times before I was able to get through.

Love the game and appreciate any help.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, another user reported a similar crash recently so I'll investigate it right away.

Please tell me your model of iPAD.

Regards,

Wayfear

Hi David, it's the 10.5 inch iPad Pro from the most current generation.

If it is convenient while investigating this, the first opening quest also crashed several times (when you lay down to sleep and are robbed and wake up with nothing). I was able to sneak past it through multiple re-loads and different dialogue options.

Both this scene and the scene in the Magister's house appear to replace one "background" of the character with another (correct me if I am wrong) and maybe that is tripping something up. Just a thought from a non-dev.

Thanks again for your attention to this.

Mod Note: Duplicate full quotes removed.

Wayfear

DavidBVal":3kgefryz said:
Hello, another user reported a similar crash recently so I'll investigate it right away.

Please tell me your model of iPAD.

Regards,

David, I appreciate your help in looking into this bug. iPad Pro 10.5. No ability to advance story quest as it stands; lots of different things tried and failed (see above post). Thanks again for your help.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Wayfear":gflm07vx said:
David, I appreciate your help in looking into this bug. iPad Pro 10.5. No ability to advance story quest as it stands; lots of different things tried and failed (see above post). Thanks again for your help.

It seems to be a bigger problem and it's not sure if Apple will solve that problem.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16610#p52933

My idea for a workaround, export your save and try to solve that with another device (steam or maybe another iPhone) the saves are compatible threw devices, you could also import the game to a friend with an android (who has that game) and solve that quest there, after that you can import it back.

David is on that problem, but not sure if it something he can solve, since it's a bit specific (device and OS version)

Sry for your problems, keep calm or try my solution, maybe it will help you.

SeanpL

I am also having an issue with this. only recently just bought the game so I could play the mage and now I cant get past the first quest where I would be getting robbed. have loaded it several times. also on an ipad pro 10.5.
Edit: I just tried the rogue option and it froze at the same point in the quest like right where I would have been robbed.
Edit: I cant play the clerik either.

Probably going to look into a refund.
Good news is I got a refund in the system and will have it finalized in 10 days. will be more than willing to repurchase this game once its fixed. I have no other apple products to do a workaround with a save file so am stuck until then.
Other than all this its an amazing game that I will look forward to playing in its fulness when able.

Wayfear

p4ran0id":8sx5ryuh said:
Wayfear":8sx5ryuh said:

It seems to be a bigger problem and it's not sure if Apple will solve that problem.

http://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtop ... 610#p52933

My idea for a workaround, export your save and try to solve that with another device (steam or maybe another iPhone) the saves are compatible threw devices, you could also import the game to a friend with an android (who has that game) and solve that quest there, after that you can import it back.

David is on that problem, but not sure if it something he can solve, since it's a bit specific (device and OS version)

Sry for your problems, keep calm or try my solution, maybe it will help you.

p4ran0id this work-around did the trick -- I was able to get out of the dungeon and then re-load. It's good on the Devs that they were able to make a cross-device/platform export feature, very helpful.

SeanPL, if you have no other device just PM me your email and I'll get you past the crash and re-send the file back. Game is too good to let this bug spoil it.

p4ran0id

Staff member
That workaround will only help for a specific problem. You have to use it every time you stuck.

I don't know how the problem is triggert, but it's only an ios problem. Other devices work without a problem.

At least you solved that wall, but be aware that other can follow