Quest items disappeared

Agrevall

Lady of the Night sarcophagus items disappeared from inventory. I cleared the desecrated ruins once, killed the dragon, but didn't activate the bridge. Left, sold and saved items, returned, triggered the bridge, killed the lich and skeletons, looted the sarcophagus then used a scroll of recall to Whitetower and ran to Icemist, went to the statue and everything from the sarcophagus was gone. I didn't check inventory while traveling so I'm not sure when they disappeared.

I'm rather bummed, I was looking forward to completing it, and to boot I'm missong a ruby key!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it would be the first time something like this happened. Can you reload from your autosaves (the inn sleep one, for instance, or the area one) to check again?

Agrevall

I tried, unfortunately the area save set to Whitehall, and I quicksaved as I approached the statue and captain in Icemist. My closest save otherwise is about 30 days prior =/

When I approach the statue with the Amulet of Whispers and touch it, it speaks in a foreign language that I don't understand(in game narrative).

I figure I need to write this one off. It's weird. I specifically remember transferring items to the bag of holding for room, and grabbing everything. Afterwards I ported and saved, then opened the character screen and had to set the phone down to pull a turkey out of the oven and work on dinner fixings, so I came back to it an hour to ninety minutes later. At that point I ran to Icemist and found everything missing. It's like that one click(take all) just never happened.

Agrevall

Screw it. I'm reloading to continue from 28 days past and a couple levels ago. C'est la vie. I love this game, and you've done a rather impressive job with it, and the writing is actually rather good as well! I really appreciate it David. I'll do a few saves and experiment to see if I can reduplicate the error.