Device isn't compatible with this version: Finally affected me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmbee

Hi folks. I'm bringing an older LG G Tab tablet back into use and found I can no longer install EK. I've cleared the Google Play cache and restarted and tried to install via Google Play website. No go.

LG G Pad (US Cellular LTE Version)
LG-UK410
ID: ZNFUK410
Has required 1GB ram
Android Version: 4.4.2

I had it running on an older similarly spec'd device running the same version of Android with no issues until my daughter dropped it down the stairs.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Why don't you update the device?

https://download.lineageos.org/v410

Lineageos 14.1 is available. That's how I made my very old galaxy note 8.0 functional.

There are several tutorials how to flash and it's really easy. And you'll get security updates, root and much more. ;)

emmbee

I may do that, but I don't think the Android version is causing the issue. I'm pretty sure the newest EK version runs fine on Kitkat.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
There is a specific issue with G-Pad, it was constantly crashing and it was bringing a lot of refund requests and bad ratings, so unfortunately I had to mark it as incompatible. Sorry, I tried to investigate the issue but the crash doesn't generate any output, very likely is an incompatibility between the graphic drivers and the game libraries.

emmbee

Bummer. Guess I'm stuck playing on my phone. Thanks for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.