Death ends game

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Riktor":8juzkt39 said:
I've been playing the game on both Ubuntu and Windows. Just wanted to say that this same feature happened to me yesterday, but only in Windows - except I didn't get any error message. It just closed the game.

At the time I assumed it was just a feature of Iron Man difficultly since I probably would have rage-quit anyway :p

Is it also deliberately supposed to shut down the game when you click 'save and exit'? Only asking because it's different on mobile.

Are you on version 1.1.1077?

You're supposed to go back to main menu.

Riktor

Hi again. Sorry for the late reply.

Yep, I'm on v1. 1.10.777 - I just tested my windows version again and managed to duplicate the results of the game closing down. It's very specific.

It only seems happen to when there are no saves left in existence. Basically, since I bought the PC version I've only been playing on Iron Man - one character at a time. When I (inevitably) die, the game instantly deletes my save file because of the difficulty and then closes itself down.

If I have a separate save (any difficulty) in another slot, it won't shut the game down; so it's a really minor issue.

I can't replicate the effect of the game shutting down after a 'save and exit' at the minute so that might have been on the Ubuntu version but I can't get to it at the moment, sorry. I'll try as soon as I can.