Skills not trainable

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltoru

I wanted to redistribute some skill points, and add a few new ones, but for some reason, the game is showing that I don't have the cash, even though I have more than enough. I also meet all other requirements to do so, but the GP button just stays gray. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? (I have done this before with no issues)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
deltoru":3mcwwi2w said:
I wanted to redistribute some skill points, and add a few new ones, but for some reason, the game is showing that I don't have the cash, even though I have more than enough. I also meet all other requirements to do so, but the GP button just stays gray. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? (I have done this before with no issues)

Are you 100% sure you meet the requirements? Remember required traits don't count items. Can I see a screenshot please?

deltoru

Sorry, can't post a screenshot, but the base skill needed to train is Endurance at 2, and my base is 5. And, yes, the skill I am trying to train is for all classes, in case that comes up. Thanks!

VDX_360

Staff member
Which skill? A few ward skills have a END 2 requirement.

The most common issue with "I can't learn a skill" problem is not having the base requirements (equipment bonus doesn't count). If you redistributed (re-set?) skills and traits, double check you re-allotted them before trying to learn a skill. The second most common problem is forgetting about a trait requirement such as class or other skill.

Knowing which skill might narrow down the trouble shooting.

deltoru

My base stats are as follows-

STR: 3
END: 5
AGI: 6
INT: 5
AWA: 5
PER: 3

Level 25 rogue, so gold is easy enough to get (currently have about 127k) and yes, I am looking to up some ward defense for the ending quests.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You haven't already learned 8 advanced skills, right? what advanced skills do you have?

deltoru

I thought that might be the issue, so I just re-assigned skills so all 8 advanced were trained, but it still shows a lack of funds to train a ward.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
What I mean is: you can only learn 8 advanced skills. If you already have all slots taken, you can't learn a ninth skill. That's why I am asking what advanced skills your character currently has.

deltoru

Ahh, sorry for the misunderstanding, I have 7 out of 8 on advanced skills.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, after discarding most common stuff, looks like I have to look into the data for a possible bug. Please go to Continue, Export&Cloud and save your data to a file. Then email me the file to [email protected] and tell me which character has the issue (if you can save in front of the trainer, the better!)

Thanks for your report, let's see if it's a bug after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.