Problem with Mage since the last update..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystra

Hi,

Love the great work however i´ve encountered an irritating issue after the last update.

The skill Precision Strike which I had on my Mage has now been rendered useless, and currently takes up a skill slot that only an expensive (in terms of time and re-learning all previous skills) skill wipe can resolve. This is not really fair :(

I´m hoping its something easily fixed as i would hate to waste a lot of gold to fix my character.

Loving the mage class btw.. Might be nice to have access to stronger mana potion tho.. Just saying ;)

Thanks. M

VDX_360

Staff member
Oh... yeah, that was mean of the game. In the past, when a skill got tweaked, sometimes the developer would reset the skill points for that skill as part of the update or let players that already had it, keep it. Looks like those weren't options this time.

Not all impossible builds are useful... alas.

Mystra

Thanks for the update.. I´m assuming that i´ll need to go for a full reset? Not happy but hey that's life.. :(

One other thing i´ve noticed is the Massive Criticals skill - I have 2 Strength and it requires 3 to acquire and build the skill, i learned the skill but even with a belt of strength i can't progress unless i add more points to the stat.. Are the game mechanics supposed to work this way? What's the point of extra stat equipment if you can't use them to cover your weaknesses??

VDX_360

Staff member
Trait increases from equipment are good for quest related trait checks, combat and everything else besides learning skills.

Trait requirements for skills has to come from natural traits (i.e. not equipment) and that's was done to balance the game and to address the issue of what happens when you swap out equipment (would your trait based skills become useless?).

Were getting a little off-topic here, so I might suggest you post your feedback about trait checks in the feedback section. I think other players might have similar concerns but I don't want to clutter the support forum with feedback discussion.

Cuckoorex

Wait, you have Precision Strike on a Mage? I don't think that should be possible; David made Precision SHOTS available to Mages, but not Precision Strike, right?

Mystra

Precision shot is the new skill for mages, (males sense) however you could previously learn the Precision Strike skill in the old build.. Unfortunately i lucked out this time and have a useless skill to show for it..

Time for a reset.. sigh!

VDX_360

Staff member
Locking thread as it has gotten off topic.

Feedback about what classed and skills is best posted in the feedback forum.

Keep the support forum for support matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.