Mage Targeting

Renothian

Am I missing something? I have 3 bowmen lined up for a lightning bolt, facing right at them, and my mage turns and fires at one off screen, so I get killed by the 3 that I would have taken out... I would think he would fire his lightning bolt in the direction he is facing... I would really enjoy mage if it wasn't for this when in a mob... I think I'm going to go back to my warrior...

deadcorpze

That happens sometimes. Mages are very squishy and u need to dance alot in the battlefield to avoid projectiles and hope that ur lightning bolt doesn't miss

VDX_360

Staff member
Moved to support.

This is something to keep an eye on. Giving the auto-targeting aspect of the game, it's important to note when it doesn't work as expected, and if there's a bug, it needs to be located.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Renothian":j5igf6lj said:
Am I missing something? I have 3 bowmen lined up for a lightning bolt, facing right at them, and my mage turns and fires at one off screen, so I get killed by the 3 that I would have taken out... I would think he would fire his lightning bolt in the direction he is facing... I would really enjoy mage if it wasn't for this when in a mob... I think I'm going to go back to my warrior...

Definitely if you are facing at an enemy you should fire at him, even if others are around. I've played a lightning mage up to level 24 myself and targeting seemed to work fine, are other people experiencing this?

Cuckoorex

I have seen maybe a few times when Lightning or Fireball fizzles when trying to fire at a target in a doorway, but generally the spell seems to go toward the targets as intended otherwise.

The big problem still for me is with the Ice Storm. Still seems like it just goes off in exactly the opposite direction of my intended target most of the time. I'm about to untrain that one and spend my skill points on something more reliable.