Scroll of Teleport issue

Eligras

That’s not a bug they aren’t meant to work in cities like New Garand, Freetown, Nivirian, and Icemist

p4ran0id

Staff member
Is there a reason why they don't work? Sometimes it could help to use it inside the city

For example, I had to fight the werewolf for mad wizard twice. The leader of the thief guild attacked some rats while I was inside and then just blocked the door. I didn't had enough money for sleep and without working scroll, the only solution was to reload last autosave.

Xen

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":10eth16b said:
Is there a reason why they don't work? Sometimes it could help to use it inside the city

For example, I had to fight the werewolf for mad wizard twice. The leader of the thief guild attacked some rats while I was inside and then just blocked the door. I didn't had enough money for sleep and without working scroll, the only solution was to reload last autosave.

I presume this issue is about some NPCs like Kardagis in New Garand Sewers, am I right? The "NPC blocking the way" issue has been fixed so it is not a big deal anymore. I am also wondering myself why it isn't allowed to use teleport inside the big cities?

VDX_360

Staff member
Take your pick: Game mechanics, map loading issues, some odd issues with quest triggers, the Cities have magical protection, the Developer is an old school dungeon-master that takes joy in frustrating players....Or, the Book of The Invisible Swamp Donkey says teleportation from inside a City is paramount to eating troll flesh... which, I assume is to be avoided?