Rumor boss journal bug

Slick24

I went to a tavern in New Garand and drink for a while when I got a rumor of a Green Dragon and another rumor boss, I forgot the second one. Anyways I got an info that the Green Dragon was on Thyr Ridges, while the second one was somewher on eastern wildlands. I kept drinking until I get some info for the second boss but kept saying no rumors learned. After I went out of tavern, I was planning to go to second tavern upper part of the New Garand, but I stopped for a while to check my journal and found out that there's no entry of the Green Dragon and the second rumor boss. Something must have caused it to disappear? Or maybe an error? Bug? I tried to restart but its still wasn't there.

Shehriazad

Are you sure that you did not simply spend too much time in a tavern?

Drinking "costs" you 2 hours every time you do it...and sometimes you can get 10+ "sittings available per rest cycle.

So you could easily have lost an entire day and the rumor bosses might have already been on a timer of below 1 day?

Just making sure before you declare it as bug. If the above isn't the case...then yea, it must be a bug.

Slick24

Pretty sure i didn't spend a lot of time in that tavern or sleep before getting out. So considering that the rumor boss is below 1 day entry, a 24 hour in a day, and a possibilities of both having a same time, it should record on my entry because I know i didn't spend atleast 24 hours inside. Or the possibility that one has more time before it dissapears. Also I forgot to mention, I also heard a rumor about the flame prophet, because I'm currently in the mission The Prodigal Daughter, yet it doesn't appear on my tavern rumor entry which should be there.

Atomos

Do you have an autosave available before going to that tavern? Those rumor bosses could really appear long before you learned about them, and could disappear while you were... ahem... drinking xD. The only foolproof way to know, is to check immediately after getting the first rumor

VDX_360

Staff member
Slick24":2vczp6pp said:
I kept drinking until I get some info for the second boss
The most likely situation is you learned about the Rumor Boss when it only had a few hours left, which passed when you were listening to rumors (2 hours a round of drinks?). Rumor Bosses appear and disappear in the background so it's possible (and frustration) to hear about one when it's about ready to expire.

Slick24

I just don't know how it happened and I'm not really concerned about it, but someone might come across on this some other time. I just hope that its not a minor error on a game and that I really went out of time before checking it.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately, I can only check this if a save exists and I can examine it. Thanks for reporting anyways, if other people experiences the same thing they're more likely to report it as a bug after reading your post. However at this point I think it works fine and you ran into about-to-expire events; the chance is very low, but with so many people playing it has to happen at some point. If more reports come, then a bug may be happening of course.