Oddity with Zombie Dragon's toxic aura

VDX_360

Staff member
Stunning the zombie dragon seems to make it's toxic aura instantly disappear, however, the toxic aura lingers after the dragon's death. Is this deliberate? It seems the aura would either remain in both stunning and death, or, disappear in both.

Given the limited number of zombie dragons, this seems to be a minor issue that would only impact game play for those that get killed by the aura after killing the dragon.

Kuratha

Staff member
'The stench from the decaying flesh of the dragon is slow to disappear from the area.'- is how I would explain it.

The aura reminds me of the Ancient Mummy's aura. However, mummy's take a second to 'exhume' the aura, which stays at a fixed point. While for the Zombie Dragon the aura, is fixed on the Dragon itself. I did notice that stunning the Dragon (and some others) cancels buffs. I would test to see if Ancient Mummy's Toxic Cloud dissipates when stunned, similar to the Zombie Dragon way.

Probably a different implementation of the same idea to increase the difficulty of the Dragon fight. I found the Zombie Dragon to be one of the harder Dragons to kill as they have: Base_Attack+Toxic_Damage+(Toxic_Aura_Damage) per tick.

Note: The wiki mentions that both the Ancient Mummy and the Zombie Dragon have the Toxic Aura attribute, however, only the mummy is listed in the attributes table.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll have a look at the code when I have a moment (probably next week) but in theory, it should work the same way mummies do...