Unexplained massive arrow damage with Warrior

VDX_360

Staff member
While using a bow to aggro enemies, arrow damage has been massive, and exceeding what could be explained by a critical hit, even with Massive Critical.
1) 52 raw damage against Orc Shooter (not counting fire damage, critical max 44?)
2) 64 raw damage against Icylon (not counting fire damage, critical max 27)

Both times occurred with using the Imperial Troll Hunting Bow, damage 5-9 (+2 fire). The Orc incident happened with Fury II active, The Icylon incident occurred without Fury active. With or without fury active, both times exceeded critical limit posted on stats screen.

Current (but not tester) update. Warrior with no range skills whats-so-ever. Warrior has Massive Critical III and Fury II. Just seems a bit odd to do one-shot-one-kills with a token aggro weapon.

Kuratha

Staff member
9*300%=27 as you have mentioned with the Icylon.

What is the damage range for your critical hits?

"Critical - The chance for dealing a critical hit. The nominal critical damage is indicated in parenthesis."
Character_sheet_%28Attack_stats%29.png

Brainstorming:
*I imagine you're bonus to ranged weapons probably is getting added somewhere to the damage formula (maybe not in the right place)?
*It might also be possible that the +X% bonus from Fury maybe be applying twice, once to the base weapon damage and then again to the base critical range?
*Could using Fury add a +X% bonus based on the increase from your STR score, and then another increase based on your AGI score for ranged weapons?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's probably the Massive Criticals chance to autokill weak enemies. It automatically increases the damage to whatever is needed to one-shot the monster.

VDX_360

Staff member
It's likely the massive critical instant kill. I've noticed the "Massive Critical" working appear when critical hit, but not in those cases above. I'll keep any eye out if it happens again.

And the max critical is listed in the first thread.

Kuratha

Staff member
-facepalm- of course its the Massive Critical Kill portion...forgot that it simply increases the damage enough to kill the enemy, hp=0 (my guess).

Gotta love the simple explanations~