Balancing error

Leskimvr

I've created a 2 handed warrior, and managed to get Axe of the Minotaur kings, which competes with the EMP Maul as the best 2 handed weapon, so much early in the game, and i think i could get it even earlier. I went to the maze on level 11, and managed to kill the minotaur on the first try, using only 5 potions. And there's the superb cloak too. Now my character looks so much powerfull than he should be at lv 11. And i think i could kill the king even earlier, by "kiting" him with skills.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Leskimvr":9m9p2gvn said:
I've created a 2 handed warrior, and managed to get Axe of the Minotaur kings, which competes with the EMP Maul as the best 2 handed weapon, so much early in the game, and i think i could get it even earlier. I went to the maze on level 11, and managed to kill the minotaur on the first try, using only 5 potions. And there's the superb cloak too. Now my character looks so much powerfull than he should be at lv 11. And i think i could kill the king even earlier, by "kiting" him with skills.

what tactic did you follow to get rid of the whole room full of minotaurs?

Leskimvr

DavidBVal":8aikhuh8 said:
what tactic did you follow to get rid of the whole room full of minotaurs?

I stayed on the door, luring one by one, wasn't hard at all. I got the aggro on the first room, with the first mino u talk. Then, went to the door, and lured one by one. A good way to balance would be only get aggro by the king, i guess.

VDX_360

Staff member
Taking on the Minotaur king was only slightly more difficult than taking on the Orc King with the same tactic of luring one guard at a time. Doable soon after completing Fort Assault. (For those using a Rogue, and out-of-game knowledge, the Stiletto can be easily acquired with a few speed and death protection potions at a very early level, helps with this fight).

I used a bow to trigger one Minotaur at a time, to allow even more distance between the character and the rest. Ran out and behind Companion, swapped for melee weapon and once the Companion got triggered, attacked ( Companion on only attack when attacked to avoid her charging into room). A few mid-range potions on both Characters and Companion.

I agree setting the King as the lone aggro spot might negate this tactic. Might be tough for Archer builds....

phaolo

Loreseeker
I use the bow to separate enemies all the time too. XD
It isn't very realistic, but I wonder how I could survive otherwise against strong groups.

Maybe enemies that see their allies being hit by an arrow should be triggered too..
Also, to block early usage of powerful weapon, you could add stat\level requirements.

Kuratha

Staff member
Lol, I waited till the King walked into the upper right-hand corner. Only the King and a priest or a guard proc'd (tested multiple times). As a ranged rouge build this was a tough fight cause I could only run in small circles in that corner.
Not as bad as the zombie dragon though -shudders- #most annoying named dragon to kill so far

For some reason the aggro proc range isn't that high, I'm guessing because they aren't initially enemies.