The gate in Freetown Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge328

Hello,
I have been trying to get past the gate in the Freetown library for several days now. I have advanced the quest from the thieves guild as much as I can but the gate won't do to allow me access to the secret door, which I found. I looked online and have not seen anything quite like this so I don't know if it's a bug or I just screwed it up.

Kimber

Zwackley

Loreseeker
The gate in front of the staircase cannot be opened because the upstairs is not part of the game. But go look elsewhere on the main floor for secrets.

Wedge328

Well I went back to check it out again, and the Librarians were back in the fence was gone. Not sure if it was some kind of timer or if it was reset but looks like I'm going to go now.

Thanks

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Wedge328":312t1g5o said:
Well I went back to check it out again, and the Librarians were back in the fence was gone. Not sure if it was some kind of timer or if it was reset but looks like I'm going to go now.
The grate in front of the secret door is only there as long as "Lost in a Good Book" is not active in your journal. Once you get the quest from Arkados, the grate should vanish. Maybe you hadn't the quest active during your first visit and got it in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.