saved games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, for full game you payed for, you only need to restore purchase, while being logged with same account you used for first purchase (different account doesn't work). As well as different platform also doesn't work (e.g. Android -> iOS). Save files work on all platforms, they are same and platform independent.

GreenSpark

Hello, sorry for "necroing" an old post not that I know what that means, i'm pretty crap with forums and didn't really know how to contact anyone. I have the same Google account and Android platform but when I try to download from the cloud it just says error 12. It's not the fact I have to pay again that doesn't bother me as I know the game is good it's just the amount of hours I spent to build my character up and progress through the game.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Necro means start a discussion in an old post. The problem is, that game was long time in development, so answering or ask the same question in a 2 year old topic doesn't make any sense since it is not really the same game as 2 years before (lot of changes). Best thing is just to open a new topic with your question.

About your problem, how do you tried to download the save? Have you used the build-in function (start new game/continue - > export & and cloud save - > import from cloud)?

If that does not work, you could try it manually vie Google takeout (export Google play games)

go to https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout with your google account. then choose Google Play Games for export.

After Downloading the archive and unzip that, there is a Exiled Kingdoms Folder.

Inside that, there is a file called Data.bin thats the export file, just put it on your phone (send yourself an email) and rename it to EK.bak. then you can import that file (... - > import from file)

GreenSpark

Thanks p4ran0id

I tried to follow your instructions as best as I could, it's restored my purchase of the game but I have no saved games and it's wiped the one I restarted haha I told you I was bad at this kind of thing.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Sorry for your lost, many player forget that the game does not export the save file to the cloud automatically , you have to do this manually. (there are pro and contra for that argument, I prefer the manual decision, otherwise you could messup your save accidentally, that way it works as backup if you mess up and can't continue to play)

But maybe it is even better, after the last updates, it is better to start a new game instead of play an old save. With advanced skills for companion, it is different to before and it make more fun to get that in mid level and not at the end. And to reach lvl 14 it does not take much time, so maybe the loss is not that bad at all ;)

GreenSpark

Oh well never mind, it was worth a try. But like you said 're starting the game with all the new bits should make it that much better. Thanks for helping me.

p4ran0id

Staff member
You're welcome ;)

I'll lock that topic to avoid further necro

Status
Not open for further replies.