Problem with Defending the Outpost Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_SZ

I encountered a problem while doing this quest.

I found out that im supposed to speak with Xeria at the camp but once I got there, she was nowhere to be found. I've explored the area before but never got to that part of the map, so I'm guessing she couldn't die that time.

The time I DID get to the camp, she was not there. So the question is... what happened?

Thanks.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe previously you were followed by werewolves that killed them all.

Russian_SZ

I can assure you that when I got to the camp, I was only followed by three or four white wolves and there is no chance of her getting killed then.

Well, I guess there's no solution :roll:
I'll just miss the reward

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Stay at an Inn to see if there was a spawn issue (general fix issue)
2) Are you 100% sure you didn't visit the area before getting the quest?

Russian_SZ

I already tried the inn, several times. Dindn't work though...
Before getting the quest I entered the zone but never got as far as the camp, as it is in the far north end. The first time I discovered it, even though I was followed by a couple of wolves, I saw clearly the three guards, but not Xeria. :/

She wasn't killed at my sight, is it possible that she died when I wasn't there?

Thanks a lot for the answers!

VDX_360

Staff member
Short answer, yes, it's possible she was killed off-screen, which really sucks because it's really hard to prevent. Getting her killed before the quest starts ---sometimes without knowing it -- is one of the more frustrating quest bumps.

When wondering Sagar Forests maps, ever notice the combat log noting bandits and wolves attacking each other even through none are on screen? Same thing can happen with the outpost and werewolves.

With her killed, can you even trigger the dialogue to end the quest? Even a bad ending of the quest can at least clear it from the list.

Russian_SZ

I've noticed npcs fighting each other sometimes but I never knew if that only happens near the character or even if it's triggered by the characters's movement.

I would think that the outpost is not near npcs spawn locations but since the quest is about defending it... I don't know. Maybe she got killed somehow while I was wondering near her place.

The thing is that I can't give the quest any closure so I give up. That thing is gonna stick with me for the rest of my characters life :/

Thanks

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
In the last update I changed it so they won't spawn until the quest is active. Unfortunately, I can't revert their deaths.

Seiverin

I have the same problem, only I exterminated their party myself, leading werewolfs to them for easy xp, being sure, they will respawn, as in cities.
It would be a lot less punishing, and actually more intuitive, if Xerla and all guards would respawn right before quest, or each time loading map, before this quest part is done (I see, that many others did same mistake too).

p4ran0id

Staff member
At least you could mark the quest as completed (failed) after she dies. That would solve some confusion and is easy to implement

Status
Not open for further replies.