Got a bug in the 'Dark Matters' quest

Shaymer

I took the Dark Matters quest, completed it, and tried to return to Brother Gabriel in New Garland to collect. When I got there, he was gone. Checked the city. Checked the temple. No luck. Any idea what happened to him?

Trying to complete quest to get reputation up for the three, so I can get the Abbey Quest, so I can open the gate to the Hellish Cave.

I had the 3 vs 11 pop up twice, but I decline it. Was going to do it right after the 'Dark Matters' quest. Now the 3v11 quest isn't available, and I can't compete Dark Matters... Which I need to get the Abbey Quest, which I need to open up the gate to the Hellish cave.

I also used all my saves trying to respawn the city and re-boot the quest. Is there a way to get me back before the Dark Matters Quest? At level 19, there's no way I can start over. Thanks.
Seamus

VDX_360

Staff member
What does your quest log say? Exactly?

Just to rule out basic issues, you---on the current save--have beaten the Tolassian Champion, smashed the jar (or opened it and beat the monster) and have returned to find Brother Gaberial MIA from his alter in New Garand?

VDX_360

Staff member
If your last inn save was before the quest, you should be able to open that up (yellow folder icon on load screen). If you saved at an inn since the hiccup, might be a bit harder.

VDX_360

Staff member
Shaymer":3mp3sxod said:
I had the 3 vs 11 pop up twice, but I decline it.,,Now the 3v11 quest isn't available
Just to rule out the basic, you approached the New Garand's Temple with Hirge as an Companion? That's the trigger for the quest. After getting that trigger, you go to the Royal Castle Yard for the first leg of the quest. I'm not sure it has a Reputation check, but I could be in error?