Infantry Training Problem!

gunesilhan9

Translator
Hi fellas!

I have a problem. I can't learn Infantry Training! I have Shield Expert 3 And Personality 4. I have all the requirements. Why can't I learn it?

Isiliax

gunesilhan9":3i86vmel said:
Hi fellas!

I have a problem. I can't learn Infantry Training! I have Shield Expert 3 And Personality 4. I have all the requirements. Why can't I learn it?

Hey check out if you have enough gold or skill slots left, these are the first possibilities I have on my mind.

Baaldur

Translator
Isiliax":1fwgaqhh said:
gunesilhan9":1fwgaqhh said:
Hi fellas!

Hey check out if you have enough gold or skill slots left, these are the first possibilities I have on my mind.

And you have to complete Defending the Outpost quest

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
gunesilhan9":a35lobh5 said:
Hi fellas!

Are you a warrior? Because the skill can only be learned by warriors.
Also, is your Personality a natural 3 (or 4), i.e. without bonuses from your equipment? Because augmented trait points do not count when it comes to skill requirements.

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Have you talked to Serg. Morg in the Nivarian Warrior's Guild AFTER completing Defending the Outpost Quest (requires Warriors Guild membership?).
2) Is your PERS 3 natural (i.e. NOT counting equipment bonus)
2) Do you have enough gold? (5,000 right?).
3) Do you have an available Advanced Skill slot?
4) Since you have Shield Expert 3, we know you're a Warrior.

If yes to all above, post EXACTLY what's going on. I.e. Is the Advanced Skills option popping up with the skill not highlighted, can you not even talk to Serg. Morg.

gunesilhan9

Translator
VDX_360":2tc5wkrh said:
1) Have you talked to Serg. Morg in the Nivarian Warrior's Guild AFTER completing Defending the Outpost Quest (requires Warriors Guild membership?).
2) Is your PERS 3 natural (i.e. NOT counting equipment bonus)
2) Do you have enough gold? (5,000 right?).
3) Do you have an available Advanced Skill slot?
4) Since you have Shield Expert 3, we know you're a Warrior.

If yes to all above, post EXACTLY what's going on. I.e. Is the Advanced Skills option popping up with the skill not highlighted, can you not even talk to Serg. Morg.

I have all theese requirements.

I tap Infantry Training and nothing happens. Only the talking screen closes. Conversation ends with Serg. Morg.

I don't know why.

VDX_360

Staff member
Ok... this might be leaving the realm of "easy fix"
If it isn't a missed requirement, and it's not a phantom button push (touch screens can have spots acting like they've been touched that messes with dialogue options).... I'm out of ideas.

Do you have a screen shot of what the advanced menu screen looks like before you tap it and it closes?

This may require the review of one of the more program savvy help-people.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
gunesilhan9":3fxcru18 said:
I tap Infantry Training and nothing happens. Only the talking screen closes. Conversation ends with Serg. Morg.
So what you say is that when you select the dialogue option "Tell me more about Infantry Training", the dialogue ends without showing the skill window, right? That would indeed be a bug.

What happens with the other dialogue choice: "Tell me more about Body Development"?
Does it open the skill window in this case or is it the same behavior as above?

Anyway, this is something David has to look into. Moved to Support.
EDIT: He will likely ask you to export your savegame and send it to him. So be prepared.

gunesilhan9

Translator
MikeB":32t0oq6d said:
gunesilhan9":32t0oq6d said:
So what you say is that when you select the dialogue option "Tell me more about Infantry Training", the dialogue ends without showing the skill window, right? That would indeed be a bug.

What happens with the other dialogue choice: "Tell me more about Body Development"?
Does it open the skill window in this case or is it the same behavior as above?

Anyway, this is something David has to look into. Moved to Support.
EDIT: He will likely ask you to export your savegame and send it to him. So be prepared.

I can learn Body Development. And as you said, when I tap Infantry Training, dialogue ends. Nothing happens. Skill window doesn't't show up.

And sorry for my bad English if I have grammar mistakes.

gunesilhan9

Translator
VDX_360":3gjdi0oh said:
Ok... this might be leaving the realm of "easy fix"
If it isn't a missed requirement, and it's not a phantom button push (touch screens can have spots acting like they've been touched that messes with dialogue options).... I'm out of ideas.

Do you have a screen shot of what the advanced menu screen looks like before you tap it and it closes?

This may require the review of one of the more program savvy help-people.

I'll take some screen shots for you.