The Collector Quest - Reputation issue

Jazz

I collected all 3 idols, gave them over, and fought off the spirit that pops up, and talked to the sage again to complete the quest. I get a message that says my reputation with Ilmaria went up +10, but my reputation stays the same, i.e. I'm not getting the reputation reward.

Sounds like a bug?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You lose -10 for releasing the monster in mid-town, then recover it if you slay it.

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
VDX_360":1txuken9 said:
So releasing it and fleeing, keeps the -10 rep?

Yep, he must die. I imagine nivarian wouldn't be very happy with you for releasing an evil spirit in their capital.

Jazz

Yea, I just figured that out. If you are having trouble with the ghostly guy - he's very tough for only being lv.12 - run back towards the guards and they will make it a quick, easy fight.

GenerousWolf

Translator
How was the reputation gain and xp gain after using the guards for help? I've noticed that when I've done that with other enemies it nullifies xp and chance for drops. I'm curious if it's the same with this encounter (including reputation) since it's a forced in town encounter?

VDX_360

Staff member
That's a great question! I think on a previous run, guards were used to kill the beast and there was no effect in reputation. I think the trigger is the death of the enemy, rather than who kills it so as long as you stay on screen, use the guards should be okay. Would need to have someone try it out to double check.

In a similar note, the very first Goblin Hunting quest can be completed by luring five goblins to the guards without the player damaging or killing any of them.

Jazz

Having the guards kill the spirit did not have an effect on the reputation, since your rep is restored simply because the spirit is dead. I kept the guards and spirit on screen, so I'm not sure if losing sight of them or the spirit would have an effect.

I don't recall getting any XP from the slaying, though. Didn't much care, cause i was only concerned about staying alive at the time lol