Difficulty level has an exp subtraction?

Schnolhamor

I'm playing on Casual and found a menu that lists game stats from my inventory...

The last thing shown was "Difficulty: Casual (-50%)

What does it mean? Have I been playing with a -50% exp gain this whole time?

In fact; what ARE the differences between difficulty levels? What does each one effect exactly?

And lastly, if this indeed IS an EXP cut; shouldn't casual be easier exp wise instead of harder? Or is the logic harder enemies = more exp?

Ruslan

Translator
It refers to the amount of game points you gain (for comleting quests, discovering secrets, ext.), not experience gained by your hero.

VDX_360

Staff member
The game has a brief description of the differences between difficulty levels when a new game is started. A little more detail might be more helpful but as the game is still in development (pre Version 1.0), the differences are still be adjusted.

At this time, when you can save (everywhere, or on the main map), re-starting after death, trap damage and number and spawn-rate of enemies seem to be the main difference.

Sounkeng

The difference in difficulty levels is:

Casual: (-50%)
-can quick save in dungeons
-regen 50% of hit points back when not actively in combat

Normal: (0%)
-unable to quicksave in dungeons

Hard: (+20%)

Ironman: (+20%) -unable to manually save
-Also when you die your character is dead

I may not be the most qualified to answer this... Because, I am not entirely sure how those percentages are determined.

However, I just ran a test run with new characters around Lannager testing all difficulty levels.
I found:
1) The same experience is gained for killing the same creature (Meaning your hypothesis that the percentage in some way is a reflection of decreased experience gain for killing creatures is invalid)
2) The goblins had the same amount of hit points (15 for a level 1 goblin) regardless of difficulty

Some things I didn’t directly see in my test run, but have sensed and felt playing at different difficulties. (This is open for clarification)
1) The mobs tend to be bigger at hard and ironman difficulties.
2) Creatures might hit harder at higher difficulties?
3) Traps hit harder at higher difficulties?

VDX_360

Staff member
The percentage associated with difficulty level is for Game Score, view-able under the "Details" button on the inventory screen. A player gets "points" based on total XP earned, completing game quests, completing town hall quests, reaching certain achievements, reputation, finding secrets. The total points is increased/decreased by the difficulty setting.

It doesn't appear the Game Score has any impact on the game itself. Just a way to have a leader board.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Sounkeng":2cz80dn5 said:
Some things I didn’t directly see in my test run, but have sensed and felt playing at different difficulties. (This is open for clarification)
There is no difference in creature or trap difficulty between casual and normal, but there is a 25% increase in mob HP and attack stats as well as trap damage between normal and hard. Then again, there's no difference between hard and ironman in this respect.

Sounkeng

MikeB":37sn8vmc said:
Sounkeng":37sn8vmc said:
There is no difference in creature or trap difficulty between casual and normal, but there is a 25% increase in mob HP and attack stats as well as trap damage between normal and hard. Then again, there's no difference between hard and ironman in this respect.

Ah thanks for the clarification... I knew I could feel a difference playing... But I was having difficulty determining exactly what the cause was...

Doesn't their tends to be more creatures spawned in certain places at hard and ironman difficulties?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Sounkeng":3pmzv56q said:
Doesn't their tends to be more creatures spawned in certain places at hard and ironman difficulties?
I have no idea about that. Maybe only David can enlighten us in this regard...

Edit: Sometimes a look into the game description helps: :)
"Hard: Enemies and traps are tougher and more numerous. Designed for hardcore RPG players."

EroticEarwig

What I'm wondering, is there a difference in the amount of experience/gold gained from enemy's between the difficultys? Or rather, whats the exact amount?

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Well i only normal and hard because that is what we all should do....

About gaining gold, or whatever.... there is no different then the +20% of diffeculty thing for exp.

Its just a LITTLE BIT harder but really a incredible molecule tiny little bit.... in game play you don't even notice a different in normal or hard.