EK Translation - We need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDragon

Staff member
Loreseeker
EDIT: new translations and improvements are not active. After several years, some of the translations were completed, others were stalled and never progressed. Translating the whole game is a huge effort that would take months to a single person, and unless the game gets expanded in the future we won't be accepting new community translations anymore.

It's finally happening! We've started a translation project and volunteers from the community can join to help to translate Exiled Kingdoms. You can volunteer as a translator if you're fluent in english AND any of these languages:

• Czech
  • French
  • German (completed)
  • Italian (completed)
  • Polish (completed)
  • Portuguese (completed)
  • Russian (completed)
  • Turkish

At this point we're not interested in professional translation offers. Also, we might reject volunteers with a very low level of english or subpar writing/punctuation skills.

How to join

It's very simple. First of all, you need to be registered in the forum. Then send me a private message and specify:

1) The language you want to translate the game to, and
2) Your email address.

You'll be granted access to the translation subforum with all the info, and to a google drive folder with all the text so you can start right away!

There are no fixed quotas or obligations. Every little bit of help counts and the game has a lot of text so don't worry if you can only contribute with a few sentences.

If you have any questions you can post them here and I'll be happy to answer you.

Thanks for your attention.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: [OFFICIAL] Translation - We need your help!

In addition to the above, I'd like to clarify what to expect regarding the translations.

The game has a huge amount of text, around 500K characters, roughly two novels; so this might take a while. Also I still need to adapt part of the code so it supports non-latin alphabets.

The list of languages is subject to change; feel free to propose new languages to GreenDragon via private message and we'll study it. Please don't be angry if I can't support every language in the planet, or if some of the listed ones get no volunteers and end up being not added.

I want to thank in advance anyone willing to help with this project; once more, the community might make a big impact and help Exiled Kingdoms to grow even more.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: [OFFICIAL] Translation - We need your help!

I have to say, I am speechless at the huge response from the community to the call for volunteer translators. Already 21 people signed up for 7 different languages. Some of them going very fast as well!

Vaaclav

Translator
As I am Czech - and living in Czech republic, and Czech is my native language, I am ready to at least help with translation to Czech, if not do all possible translation.

I don't know what type of translation you use - but, if you send me all text in any file, I can do their translation as soon as possible - and (of course) with quality.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, check the "How to join" above.

Actually Czech translation is going extremely well! Incredible translators :geek: Of course there is a lot of text so all help is welcome.

BTW, already 36 translators, and exceeding my expectations in most languages. In particular Russian, German, Portuguese, Turkish, Czech and Polish are going very fast. I wish we also had some volunteers for Korean and Japanese, but so far we have none.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":1nn0in6k said:
BTW, already 36 translators, and exceeding my expectations in most languages. In particular Russian, German, Portuguese, Turkish, Czech and Polish are going very fast. I wish we also had some volunteers for Korean and Japanese, but so far we have none.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to take part in this and be helpful. I must say that I'm not surprised at all about the response, given how many users kept offering their help for translation in the forum beforehand.

What actually surprises me is the fact that although we covered most of Europe quiet well, France is still a blank area. Are their no French EK players out their who want to contribute to this? Don't be shy, reveal yourself... :)

I also hope that Asia is joining in, so we can conquer the whole planet...

gau4o

Translator
Good afternoon. Do you still need help with translation into Russian?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Help is needed for all languages, please read first post and do accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.